Sunday, 29 March 2009

Wedding Invitations

My partner teacher is getting married in July and asked me to make her 100 invitations for their special day! We spent about a week choosing styles, stamp sets and colour schemes and finally decided on one. I placed the order for all the cardstock and ribbon and almost a week later it arrived. 3 weeks later 100 cards were all finished. I don't honestly believe I've ever made so many cards in such a short amount of time, but doing them conveyor belt style really helped. I cut all the cardstock first for the bases and the inside, then scored them all. I then punched the scalloped border on 50 of them (my hands killed me after that amount). And slowly, bit by bit, I kept making 10 here and 10 there and soon enough they were all done. She absolutely loved them, thank goodness!


Wanna see them?



Closed view


Open View


Natalie is getting the inserts printed and will be gluing them in over the Easter holidays and then I'm going to re-tie all the bows as she couldn't do them LOL. I'm also going to make matching name cards and table plans nearer to the date. The Close To Cocoa was almost a perfect match for her bridesmaid dresses as well. She didn't want anything on the front to indicate it was a wedding invitation so that when the recipients opened the cards it was a surprise!


Recipe:


Stamps: Baroque Motifs


Papers: Close To Cocoa, Pretty in Pink, both from Stampin' Up

Inks: Close To Cocoa, Regal Rose (the Pretty in Pink didn't show up very well on the Cocoa cardstock so we had to change colours at the last minute)

Accessories: Pretty in Pink taffeta ribbon, scallop edge punch

4 comments:

  1. You've made a simply beautiful job of these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are lovely, well done making so many. I love the idea of her recipients not knowing they were invites until opended, what a great twist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - they are just so nice I bet the table stuff will look great too

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are beautiful, well done.

    ReplyDelete