A Passion For Papertrey Challenge #5

I can't believe how time has flown by since my last post. I went back to work after the holidays, did the maths training for the Teaching Assistants in my school and then was just thrown back into the woes of work again. Holidays are so slow to come around and go by so quickly! At least I get lots of them being a teacher an' all!


Anyways...here's my card for the latest A Passion For Papertrey challenge, which is to make a friendship card. I'm coming to the end of all my different PTI stamp sets so I'm going to have to use some of the same ones again. Another excuse to go buy some more next month huh?!





I wanted to make some sunflowers with this set as I always tend to go for pinks, blues and purples and what a lovely change it makes. This set is perfect for sunflowers too! The strip across the middle was made using the scallop edge punch. I wanted a circles border to keep with the brown centres of the flowers and started with a strip about an inch or so wide. I made sure I lined it up in the same position on both sides of the card and it came out just right first time!


Recipe


Stamps: Women of Life from Papertrey Ink


Paper: Chocolate Chip, Summer Sun, Whisper White all from Stampin' Up, Bitty Dots Basic Paper Pack from Papertrey Ink


Ink: Chocolate Chip and Summer Sun from Stampin' Up


Accessories: Scallop Edge Punch, Large Oval Punch and Scallop Circle Punch from Stampin' Up, Circle Nestabilities, Cinnamon Stickles

1 comment:

  1. I love the colour combo you've gone for here Vanessa & I think this card is just delightful! Thanks again for joining in - it's always a pleasure to see your lovely creations :) Hugs, love Steph xxx

    ReplyDelete

All Things Magical and Mythical #123 Featuring Tippyscolor Fantasy Fun Coloring Book

Good morning and welcome to this week's All Things Magical and Mythical post. This week I have used a colouring book page from a set of...