Inspiring Inkin' Challenge #8

I can't believe we have been doing these challenges on my Stampin' Up team's blog for 4 months now! This fortnight's challenge is a colour one, using colours that I noticed on a card whilst brwosing through the SCS Gallery one day last week.


The colours are Kraft, Taken with Teal, Orchid Opulence and Regal Rose, plus a neutral. I chose Confetti White as it was a new cardstock for me and what a gorgeous colour and quality it is. It has these lovely little pieces of confetti mixed into the cardstock and the little flecks of colour look so beautiful.


The side twist was to use punches, which I always find so easy to add on to a card. The Stampin' Up punches coordinate really well with certain stamp sets and are perfect for sentiments.



Although you can't tell in this photo, I cut about an inch off the front of the Kraft base and added a piece of scalloped Orchid Opulence to the side. I really don't understand why so many people hate this colour. I just love it!


I used Taken With Teal and the vines stamp from Fresh Cuts to create a corner vine effect and then added flowers from the same set in Orchid Opulence and Regal Rose, popped up on dimensionals and with half pearls from the Pretties Kit.


I added the sentiment and then chose where I wanted the butterflies to go before drawing a very faint line with a pencil for the butterfly trails. Using my paper piercer and piercing template, I pierced a few holes to create the trail, before rubbing out the pencil lines. So quick and easy to do yet such a lovely effect.


Anyway head over to the challenge blog and leave us a comment to your card.


Recipe:


Stamps: Fresh Cuts and Live Your Dream


Paper: Kraft, Taken With Teal, Orchid Opulence, Regal Rose, Confetti White


Ink: Taken With Teal, Orchid Opulence, Regal Rose


Accessories: Scallop Edge Punch, Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Pretties Kit, Paper Piercer

2 comments:

  1. That looks lovely, now why didn't I think of that? I don't dislike Orchid Opulence, just that there are so many SU colours to choose from, it inadvertently gets left out oftentimes! Fab card, Vannessa, as always inspirational!

    ReplyDelete

All Things Magical and Mythical #120 Featuring Rainbow Fairy from Sweet November Stamps

Good morning and welcome to this week's All Things Magical and Mythical post. For today's card I have used the latest freebie digi ...