Inspiring Inkin' Challenge #10 - A Theme Challenge

I started school again this week and it has really exhausted me! My new class are lovely with some sparky kids which should make for a fun year! But my body is not liking getting up at 6:30 every morning now (and no I don't start work at 9 and finish at 3 as the perception of teachers is! I start about 7:30 and generally leave school about 5 to come home and do more work in the evening!) This now means my crafting is limited to the weekends so I make the most of it while I can. (But it is only 6 weeks til half term already :P)


Anyway onto the card... This fortnight's challenge on Inspiring Inkin' Challenges is to make a children's card for any occasion with a side twist of using animal stamps.


Stampin' Up has this great set called Wild About You which unfortunately they are retiring this year. I am so going to miss it as it is a gorgeous set (and to be honest I'm not over keen yet on its replacement, which you will be able to see on October 1st when the new catalogue is released.). If you haven't bought Wild About You yet and want it, get your order in before 30th September when the current catalogue runs out!



I will admit that this card took ages to make and is definately not one to do for mass production, but I love it! I stamped and cut out the animals and train parts individually before sticking them to the background. For the background I ran my On Track wheel across the width of a piece of Whisper White before using my daubers to sponge the grass using Green Galore. Using a cloud stencil, I sponged Bashful Blue for the sky. I then added the trains and animals and stamped a quick greeting in the corner. This card will be great for any child, but especially one that loves trains, animals or both!


So why not join in the challenge this fortnight and leave a link in the comments section or Mr Linky box.


Recipe:


Stamps: Wild ABout You, Choo Choo, On Track wheel, Starring You


Paper: Real Red, Brilliant Blue, Yoyo Yellow, Whisper White


Inks: Bashful Blue, Green Galore, Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Yoyo Yellow, Glorious Green, Brilliant Blue, More Mustard, Really Rust, Pumpkin Pie, Basic Gray (I don't think I've ever used so many colours on one card before!)


Accessories: Cloud Stencil

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Things Magical and Mythical #124 Featuring Sirena 2 from Mmedell Illustrations

Good morning and welcome to this week's All Things Magical and Mythical post. This week, I have used an old digi stamp from MMedell Ill...