Inspiring Inkin' Challenge #15

This fortnight's challenge on Inspiring Inkin' is to make anything but a card! You can interpret this in any way you like, but the side twist is to make a Christmas gift.


Well my mum loves her birds so I made her a birdhouse. I'm sure you've seen plenty of these on the internet but I made my own so that they would fit the UK sized cards and envelopes.



This is the front/side view. The box is 3 ins wide and about 7 ins long and could easily fit in 10-15 cards and envelopes.


The box opens on one side of the roof and rather than close it with a long piece of ribbon I used a piece of velcro and it stays closed perfectly.


I did make some matching cards to go with it. Some I have CASED from the SCS gallery for this stamp set, but I kept the colours all the same palette and the main images are from the same stamp set too.





Recipe:



Stamps: Good Friend, Hello Again, Oval All



Papers: Close To Cocoa, Pink Passion, Yoyo Yellow, Green Galore, Whisper White



Inks: Close To Cocoa, Pink Passion, Yoyo Yellow, Green Galore



Accessories: Whisper White and Very Vanilla grosgrain ribbons (coloured with markers), Oval punch, Oval Scallop punch, Vintage brads, Scallop Edge Punch, 3/4" circle punch

So what Christmas gift are you going to make today? Don't forget to leave us a link so we can all see.

1 comment:

  1. I love the colors you've used and the bird house box is perfect to hold the set. TFS

    ReplyDelete

All Things Magical and Mythical #124 Featuring Sirena 2 from Mmedell Illustrations

Good morning and welcome to this week's All Things Magical and Mythical post. This week, I have used an old digi stamp from MMedell Ill...