Inspiring Inkin' Challenge #21

Oops I completely forgot to post this on Saturday with my crazy weekend of crafting and marking and planning and everything else I should have done during the week that I left to the last minute! Over on our Stampin' Up team's challenge blog Inspiring Inkin' Challenges, we have set you all a challenge to make a card box with a side twist of making a matching set of cards. What style, shape and size box you make is totally up to you.

I made a criss-cross box using these instructions: http://cashcrafters.com/forum/smf_1-1-3_install/index.php?page=79 and added a lid to go with it. It was my friend Asha's birthday on Valentine's day and as I hadn't had the time during the week before to make her gift I used this challenge as the ideal opportunity. I used turquoise as the main colour because it is Asha's fave colour.


I used my new Greenhouse Garden stamp set and stamped the middle sized detailed flower all over the base before adding the embellishments. All the flowers have Dazzling Diamonds added to them and they look so sparkly in real life.

This is the box with the lid off:


You can see the criss-cross part and the stamped background better in this one.

And these are the matching cards I made to go with it:


I did 2 in each colour combo - Pumpkin Pie & Apricot Appeal, Tempting Turquoise & Taken With Teal and Rose Red & Pretty in Pink. One of each colour had Thinking of You stamped on it and the other had Birthday Wishes. I love this design and will probably make some for myself sometime soon as well.

And Asha loved it by the way!

Recipe:

Stamps: Medallion, En Francais, Sincere Salutations, Greenhouse Garden


Papers: Tempting Turquoise, Taken With Teal, Pink Flamingo DSP, Pumpkin Pie cs and DSP, Apricot Appeal, Rose Red cs & DSP, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White


Inks: Tempting Turquoise, Taken With Teal, Pumpkin Pie, Apricot Appeal, Rose Red, Pretty in Pink, Old Olive

Accessories: Tempting Turquoise grosgrain ribbon, Apricot Appeal grosgrain ribbon, Pretty in Pink grosgrain ribbon, Dazzling Diamonds, Scallop Edge Punch

1 comment:

  1. Love the colours you have used!

    Theres a little something on my blog if you get the time...!
    Thanks
    Jan
    X

    ReplyDelete

All Things Magical and Mythical #120 Featuring Rainbow Fairy from Sweet November Stamps

Good morning and welcome to this week's All Things Magical and Mythical post. For today's card I have used the latest freebie digi ...