Sunday's Challenge Cards

Just a few more cards for today!

I've had a few people ask how I manage to get so cards many done in a day and it's dead simple really. Basically I get up early - my body is tuned to getting up at 6:30 every morning and if I sleep in til 7 at the weekends, it's a good lie in! I generally start my card making at about 7:30 ish. I usually organise my ideas on paper, writing all the challenges out and then pairing them up, deciding on colours if needed and which stamps to use. I usually draw a sketch out of the card, labelling each part with stamp set and colours, so I know exactly what I'm going to do! I'm a bit OCD like that!! Then it's just a case of getting out my stash, cutting, stamping and off I go!

I don't usually spend more than about an hour on a card, but sometimes it can be as quick as 30 minutes while others take ages, up to 2-3 hours, especially if it all goes wrong!

My first today is for the February ILWS Sketch challenge and CC181 on Splitcoast. It's an envelope style card, held closed with a bit of velcro. This was really easy to make. Start with a 12 x 5 piece of Kraft cardstock. Score at 4 and 9 and fold in. Measure 1 inch from the fold line on the 3 inch section. Mark the centre at 2 1/2 inches and cut the diagonal lines. Easy!


This is the side view, so you can see the inside a bit better as well.


Recipe:

Stamps: In My Garden hostess Level 1 set

Papers: Kraft, Basic Black, Rose Red DSP, Whisper White

Inks: Basic Black, SU Markers in Old Olive, Always Artichoke, Rose Red

Accessories: Kraft Tafetta ribbon, Eyelet Border Punch, Circle Nestabilities

My next one is for another ILWS challenge - this time the Inspiration one for February. It is also for Mercy's Sketch #59. I instantly thought of these colours when I saw this picture, but I'm not overly happy with it. I'm going to have another go at it next weekend, when I get another chance to do a bit of crafting.


Recipe:

Stamps: A Flower For All Seasons

Papers: Tempting Turquoise, Only Orange, Whisper White, Kaleidoscope DSP

Inks: Basic Black, SU Markers

Accessories: Tempting Turquoise grosgrain ribbon

My third card of the day is for Mojo#124 and CC88 on Splitcoast again.


I love this Certainly Celery DSP - I just wish SU hadn't retired it!

Recipe:

Stamps: Petals & Stems, Fluttering By, Birthday Surprise all from Verve

Papers: Bordering Blue, Elegant Eggplant, Whisper White, Certainly Celery DSP (retired)

Inks: Bordering Blue, Elegant Eggplant, Certainly Celery

Accessories: Certainly Celery grosgrain ribbon, Elegant Eggplant grosgrain ribbon, Circle Nestabilities, Green gems

And my final card for today's challenges is another 5 x 7 inch birthday card for a TA at work. It's for the SC266 and CC256 challenges on Splitcoast.


Recipe:

Stamps: Mr & Mrs, Sincere Salutations, Forever Flowers wheel

Papers: Crushed Curry, Bravo Burgundy, Whisper White, Nouveau Chic DSP

Inks: Crushed Curry, Bravo Burgundy, Basic Gray

Accessories: Eyelet Border Punch, Clear adhesive gems, Crushed Curry Polka Dot ribbon, Circle Nestabilities

I will also be uploading my Inspiring Inkin challenge card as well tonight in a separate post, so be sure to check that one out too!

1 comment:

All Things Magical and Mythical #120 Featuring Rainbow Fairy from Sweet November Stamps

Good morning and welcome to this week's All Things Magical and Mythical post. For today's card I have used the latest freebie digi ...