Just a few challenges for you today!

We had a fab afternoon at school yesterday. To celebrate our outstanding Ofsted we had an extra 50 minutes break (should have been only 30 but you know it was just too nice outside to go back in) and the entire school (children, teachers and teaching assistants anyways) all got a choc ice too. My first proper ice cream of the season as well! So I was very relaxed today and managed to get quite a few cards done!

My first card is for Our Creative Corner's Sketch Challenge #12, Charisma Cardz Challenge #16 to use a quote and for SCS CC267 to use Basic Gray, Apricot Appeal and Sage Shadow. And straight away out came the Nouveau Chic DSP for this colour combo!!!


Recipe:

Stamps: Beautiful Kindness from Verve

Paper: Basic Gray, Apricot Appeal, Sage Shadow, Non SU White cs (trying to use all my old stock up!), Nouveau Chic DSP

Inks: Basic Gray, Apricot Appeal, Sage Shadow

Accessories: Apricot Appeal grosgrain ribbon, Scallop Edge Punch, Circle Nestabilities, Corner Rounder Punch

My next card is for Crazy For Challenges #34 to CASE one of the DT's cards. I chose Lynda's card here - I just loved all the Kraft! I also used CC140 to use Purely Pomegranate, Kraft and White as well as the Free For All Challenge #5 to be inspired by your favourite musical. Can you guess which one mine is? CATS!!! I love it to bits! The soundtrack is one I frequently play in school and my class are starting to enjoy it as well now and I always use the poem, Macavity, when we do performance poetry and then play the DVD version so the children can see how it is really performed!


Recipe:

Stamps: Cat Plate 1 from Pink Cat Studio

Paper: Purely Pomegranate, Kraft, Non SU white cs

Inks: Whisper White craft ink, Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic Ciaos

Accessories: Scallop Edge Punch, Papermania clear gems, Paper Piercer and mat

My next card is for another Free For All Challenge, this time #9 to make a card inspired by a vacation or dream vacation. I would love, one day, to take a hot air balloon ride preferably over the Grand Canyon so just had to pull out my little hot air balloon stamps. I also used the sketch from Papertake Weekly's Challenge #39 and I used the color combo CC133 which was to use More Mustard, Old Olive and Bashful Blue. I made a 4 x 4 inch square card for this one - I'm loving this size at the minute!


Recipe:

Stamps: Everyday Button Bits from PTI

Paper: More Mustard cs & DSP, Bashful Blue, Old Olive DSP, Non SU white cs

Inks: More Mustard, Old Olive, Stampin' Pastels (I did do a light blue dusting for the sky but you can't tell in the photo at all.)

Accessories: Buttons in Bashful Blue, More Mustard & Old Olive, Paper Piercer and Mat

My next card is another PTI one using my new Turning A New Leaf set (Thank you Linda!). This one for quite a few challenges today: the color combo is for Color Throwdown's #89 to use Almost Amethyst, Sage Shadow and Bordering Blue. The sketch challenge is from Stampin' Royalty's Challenge #16. It is also for A Passion for Papertrey's Pretty Petals challenge and for Our Creative Corner's Blooming Blossoms challenge! And guess what I finally found in a bag under my bed?! My unopened Top Note Die along with a load of Rubbernecker stamps as well!! So glad I found it - I did start thinking that maybe my BF had accidentally thrown it out!


Recipe:

Stamps: Beautiful Blooms II, Turning A New Leaf, Everyday Button Bits all from PTI

Paper: Sage Shadow, Bordering Blue, Non SU white, Tea Party DSP

Inks: Sage Shadow, Bordering Blue, Almost Amethyst

Accessories: Top Note Die!!, MS Cornice Border Punch, Purple Dew Drops, Fairytale Ribbons pack from SU (Retired)

And my final card for today I think is my fave of them all. It is for Just Add Ink Challenge #14 to Just Add Vintage, SC277 and CC180 to use Blush Blossom, Close To Cocoa and Ruby Red. I think these colours together really do give this card that vintage feel as well as the stamps and wheel. This is about as vintage as I can get though! And before you ask, no SU don't do Ruby Red ribbon. I just dyed some of the Whisper White Taffeta ribbon with my Ruby Red ink pad. Fab isn't it?!


Recipe:

Stamps: Vintage Vogue, Very Vintage wheel

Paper: Ruby Red, Blush Blossom, Close To Cocoa, Confetti White (I think this is a much softer white than Whisper White and works better with this colour combo I think)

Inks: Ruby Red, Blush Blossom, Close To Cocoa

Accessories: Whisper White Taffeta (dyed with Ruby Red ink), Eyelet Border Punch

And that's all for now folks! I'm at a SU training event tomorrow all day, so will upload some photos of the day and the projects we make later on this week. I can't wait - the last one I went to was fab and I know this one will be too!

18 comments:

  1. Wow loving all your creations. The hot air balloons fab with the buttons brilliant
    Thanks for joining in with PTW
    Caroline x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, ALL of your cards are fantastic! LOVE your Crazy card and the balloon card is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of your cards are gorgeous! I love the shades of blue you put into your card for Stampin' Royalty! Thanks for playing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow you have been busy ... love all your cards. thanks for playing with the C4C gals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many beautiful cards, love your work. Thanks for joining C4C!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another bevvy of beautiful cards! Thanks so much for entering our challenge on A Passion for Papertrey and thank goodness your bf didn't throw out that Top Note Die! LOL!
    Enjoy the sunshine!
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you were a busy stamper! Your CTD card is just beautiful! Love the images you chose....so very soft & pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely cards! Thanks for joining us for the OCC Sketch challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very sweet card. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all the cards! Great job on the sketch, the card is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin' Royalty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My my, you are a busy bee! I love your work but the vintage creation is my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute cards! Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Stampin' Royalty. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. How many totally gorgeous cards can you cram into one post?! They are just delish! Thanks so much for playing at Charisma! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great cards! I love what you did with my sketch. Thanks for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a sweet sweet card! Thanks for playing C4C

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  16. You've made so many beautiful cards, thanks for the eye candy, inspiration and for playing at Just Add Ink. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. well they all are fantastic! the kitty one is my fav :) thanks for joining us for the OCC Sketch

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous cards, Love your style, Claire x

    ReplyDelete

All Things Magical and Mythical #120 Featuring Rainbow Fairy from Sweet November Stamps

Good morning and welcome to this week's All Things Magical and Mythical post. For today's card I have used the latest freebie digi ...