Saturday, 7 August 2010

Inspiring Inkin' Challenge #33 - A Colour Challenge

This fortnight's challenge over on the Inspiring Inkin' challenge blog that my SU team has is a colour one. We are only to use colours that are retiring and the side twist is to use a patterned paper that will also be retiring at the end of the current catalogue, because it either contains colours that are retiring or because SU have already stated that it will retire.

I made a folder from the Night & Day papers that are currently in the mini catalogue to hold all my nestabilities and have easier access to them all by being in the same place. These papers will be retiring at the end of the catalogue, which is a real shame as I love them! So for that fact I have stocked up on them and have bought 3 packs altogether!

This is the front of the folder...


And this is the inside...


Amy showed me one of these folders when I visited her this week and explained how to make it. It is really easy to do. To make the pockets inside decide first how deep you want the pockets to be and then score that length along a whole side of 12x12 DSP. I chose to make mine 4 inches deep so scored at 4 inches! Then I turned the paper a quarter of a turn and scored at 6 inches to mark half of the sheet. Then I folded the 4 inch part up and then in half and voila you have a pocket on each side of the folded sheet.

Once I had done all of my sheets I trimmed each piece whilst still folded down by 1/8 inch along the top and again on the unfolded side so that when I added the covers there was a little overhang. For the front and back covers I used the thicker card that comes in the 12 x 12 packs. I cut two pieces each measuring 6 x 8 inches and decorated both the front and back pieces before punching holes at 1, 3, 5 and 7 inches along one edge using my crop-a-dile. I then lined up my pocket papers, marked the holes and punches 2-3 sheets at a time. I think the crop-a-dile could have punched through more but I didn't want to risk it :P I added some book rings and it was all done. I used book rings so that if I want to add more pages later on I can do.

Most of my nesties are currently in CD cases so I no longer have the cards they originally came on and as they were all loose in the pockets it made the folder quite bulky. I put in the ones still on the cards as they are too big for the CD cases and they fitted much better, so I now just need to order some magnetic sheets to add the other ones too so they are not all loose anymore.

Such a fabby storage idea - huge thanks go to Amy for showing me this!

Recipe:

Stamps: Sweet Stitches wheel, Flight of the Butterfly, Just Perfect Alphabet

Inks: Pixie Pink, Orchid Opulence

Papers: Pixie Pink, Orchid Opulence, Whisper White, Night & Day DSP


Accessories: Eyelet Border Punch, Butterfly Punch, Whisper White Satin ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment