May VSN Challenges Kids - I

More VSN Challenge Cards for you...

The Kids Challenge is not one I normally do as it's for kids, but I liked this one so thought I would whip up a few thank you cards for the customers at my workshop last week. You had to use a food image so I pulled out my Tart & Tangy set for these ones. They were so quick and easy and all 6 cards and envelopes only took 24 minutes! Would have been quicker if I didn't have to use my markers everytime!


Recipe:

Stamps: Tart & Tangy, Thank You Kindly both from SU

Papers: Love Notes from SU

Inks: Pear Pizzazz ink & marker, Real Red ink & marker

Accessories: None

Challenge F was to use a square card, bright colours and a bird. I did make 2 cards for this challenge only because on the first one I forgot to make it a square so had to do another! Duh!!! This one is also for old Mojo 110 and old CC113 to use Taken With Teal, Cool Caribbean (I subbed it for Soft Sky) and Marigold Morning ( subbed with Summer Sun).



Recipe:

Stamps: Notably Ornate from SU

Papers: Summer Sun, Soft Sky, Sweet Pea DSP, Pink Flamingo DSP (all retired), Whisper White all from SU

Inks: Soft Sky, Taken With Teal marker, Summer Sun marker (all retired) all from SU

Accessories: Soft Sky ribbon (retired) from SU, Card Candy from Craftworks Cards

Challenge G was to use the cracked glass technique. Me and cracked glass do not get along at all - I just can't ever get it to look the way I want. Not sure if it's because I'm using normal embossing powder instead of UTEE or what, but I hate the way it looks and this one just didn't look right at all, but I didn't have time to do anything else with it, so here it is for now! I also used Just Magnolia's Challenge #107 for the sketch and old CC69 to use Tempting Turquoise, Apricot Appeal, Not Quite Navy and Gable Green.


Recipe:

Stamps: Ribbon Hair Tilda from Magnolia

Papers: Not Quite Navy, Gable Green, Rainbow Sherbet DSP (both retired) all from SU, Copics White

Inks: Versamark, Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics

Accessories: Oval Nestabilities, Clear Embossing Powder from SU, Ribbon from stash

Challenge H was to case a card from one of your favorite stampers and to add some bling. One of my stamping idols is Mona Pendelton - I just love her vintage style. It seems to come so naturally to her, yet I really struggle with it. I CASED this card of hers from the SCS gallery. And I so need to learn how to do a decent double bow - this just doesn't look right, despite following the instructions I found on the internet!



Recipe:

Stamps: Delightful Doilies, Big & Bold Wishes, Background Basics: Twinkle all from PTI

Papers: Blushing Bride, Crumb Cake both from SU, Stampers Select White from PTI

Inks: Blushing Bride, Crumb Cake, Basic Black all from SU

Accessories: Delightful Doilies Die, Doily Details Die both from PTI, Kraft Tafetta Ribbon (retired) from SU, Gems from Hobbycraft, Button, fabric, embroidery thread all from stash, Scalloped Circle Nestabilities, Argyle Embossing Folder

Challenge I was to make a tough, but girly card for all those pirate wenches out there! This one is also for A Passion for Papertrey's Challenge to be inspired by a song. As soon as I read the write up for this challenge, I knew which song I wanted - Heaven is a Halfpipe by OPM - this is the You Tube for their video! I LOVE this song!



Recipe:

Stamps: Grunge Me, Boy Basics: Skater Dude both from PTI

Papers: Raspberry Fizz, Stampers Select White both from PTI, Basic Black from SU

Inks: Raspberry Fizz from PTI, Basic Black, Basic Gray both from SU

Accessories: Skateboard Die, Raspberry Fizz Ribbon both from PTI

That's all for this post folks! Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. Oh what a wonderful collection of cards.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card for our challenge. The crackled glass looks fantastic. You made so many wonderful cards!
    Thank you so much for joining in our sketch challenge this week at Just Magnolia and Hanglar Stanglar!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I love your song inspiration choice (that's a fave of mine too!) And what an awesome way to grunge up a girly card - fab job!
    Thanks for joining us on A Passion for Papertrey!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete

All Things Magical and Mythical #120 Featuring Rainbow Fairy from Sweet November Stamps

Good morning and welcome to this week's All Things Magical and Mythical post. For today's card I have used the latest freebie digi ...