Making Cards on World Card Making Day!

Today is officially World Card Making Day so what better excuse is there than the sit at my desk all day and craft, craft, craft LMAO!

My first card is for Just Add Ink's Challenge #87 to use Pool Party, Calypso Coral, Whisper White and Crumb Cake and for Stampin' Royalty's Challenge #91 to KISS (Keep It Simple, Sweetie). As I'm sure you all know I don't do CAS very well, but I do like how this one turned out - still quite a lot of white space, but at the same time enough colour all over to satisfy my "filled in space" needs!


Recipe:



My next card is for Mojo #208 for the sketch, F4A84 to use colour blocking (I hope mine counts) and Play Date Café's Challenge #101 to use wine, smudge, leather and parchment. I interpreted those colours into the SU colours of Bravo Burgundy, Basic Gray, Soft Suede and Very Vanilla. This was such a rich colour combo so I turned straight to my Prima Moulin Rouge Papers which turned out to be almost perfect!


Recipe:


And my final card for today is for The Shabby Tea Room's Challenge #81 to use blue, green, cream, orange and brown with chevrons, Viva La Verve's Sketch #1 for October and for Make It Monday's Challenge #34 to use thick chipboard accents. My circle sentiment panel and buttons were all made using 2 layers of blank coasters with a layer of cardstock on top - nice and thick!


Recipe:


And that's all from me today folks! I'm sure I'll be back tomorrow with a few more cards, and while I remember over on SCS the Hope You Can Cling To Annual Card Drive is running again this year. This is a whole month of challenges inspired by the MD Anderson Cancer Center in Texas - a fabulous cause, so if you can, make a few cards and post them out!

7 comments:

  1. All of your card's are beautiful but that butterfly one is my fave! Thanks for playing this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your butterfly card...very pretty and it's one of my favourite colour combos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! All 3 cards are FAB! Love your color choices! Thanks for sharing with us at THE SHABBY TEA ROOM ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic work all round!
    Thanks for sharing with us at The Shabby Tearoom

    ReplyDelete
  5. all your cards are great, wish i had the time this week to join the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards! Your PDCC card is so rich in color, love the four panels and that flower :) Thanks for playing this week at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that butterfly card. Your PDCC card uses such wonderful colors and came together beautifully. That flower fits right into it all. Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe this week.

    ReplyDelete

All Things Magical and Mythical #120 Featuring Rainbow Fairy from Sweet November Stamps

Good morning and welcome to this week's All Things Magical and Mythical post. For today's card I have used the latest freebie digi ...