Red Christmas Cards

Just a few Christmas I made this weekend, all using a shade of red!

This first one is for Make It Monday's Challenge #43 to use pleated ribbon! OMW what a nightmare this ribbon is. At first I was going to sew it down, but decided that it might spoil the already striped ribbon so just used tape to hold it and as soon as I had glued everything together the ribbon started pinging back up out of its pleats! So I then added some more tape to the underside of each pleats and that didn't work, so I tried glue dots and that held the pleats down for a little longer so I added even more dots and finally they stayed put! I just wish I had sewn them now! LOL


Recipe:


My next card is for Farm Fresh Friday's Spy Day Challenge #9 - I used the same layout with a few added extras. I also used the colours from Colour Create's Challenge #85 to use red, green and white with the option of snowflakes as well. I used my new Tim Holtz Evergreen Bough ink, which is virtually a perfect match for Glorious Green from SU, which I was never a fan of, so I don't think this one will be getting used much!


Recipe:


And my final red Christmas card for today is for Mojo Challenge #217 for the sketch! Just has to make a hot cup of cocoa for this one!


Recipe:


And that's all from this post folks. Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Great cards! I especially like the first one. Thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards! They are all wonderful. The liquid applique looks really effective on the middle card. It's gorgeous.
    Thanks for joining us at the Colour Create Challenge,
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards. My pleats started popping up too, but the extra glue dots worked. It is a lovely card with thr red and white combo on kraft.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling Santa Ian card! Love the fuzz on his outfit. Thanks for joining the Friday Spyday at TGF's Farm Fresh Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute card - I love the fluffy bits on his hat and coat!

    Thanks for joining us at Colour Create for the Green, Red & White Challenge!

    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete

All Things Magical and Mythical #120 Featuring Rainbow Fairy from Sweet November Stamps

Good morning and welcome to this week's All Things Magical and Mythical post. For today's card I have used the latest freebie digi ...