Sunday's Stamped Backgrounds

Just a couple of cards I made today with stamped backgrounds, as opposed to using some of my huge hoard of patterned papers!

This first one is for Viva La Verve's Sketch #4 for January - a CAS sketch which I turned into a non CAS card! You know I do don't CAS! This one is also for SUO Challenge #37 to use your favourites from the Stampin' Up mini catalogue or main catalogue. My mini goodies will be arriving here tomorrow, but I did get a couple of freebie sets a little while ago for participating in different events and this one is a cute set called Charming. I used the flowery circle and tulip type flower to make some background paper and although the tulips are not quite right, I do love how it came out. I also used the colours from CR84FN47 to use red, pink and light blue. Here's their colour swatch...


And here's my card for it.


Recipe:


And my next card is for Waltzing Mouse Sketch Challenge #82 and Stampin' Royalty's Challenge #108 to be inspired by the photo below. I used the colours yellow, blue, green and cream from the photo and the idea of flowers, although the flowers aren't the same type, but nevermind. I'm sure you can see the inspiration in there! Anyway here's the inspiration photo...

And here's my card for it...


Recipe:


And that's all from me for this post folks! Thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

  1. Vanessa, LOVE your PRETTY stamping on your CR84FN card! LOVE the crinkled seam binding and bow! SUPER birthday card! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both wonderful! I love the colors on both cards! So glad you joined us at SUO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at those sweet little clusters of flowers, beautiful coloring! Your CR84FN challenge card is beautiful stamped in those colors! Great job, as always, Vannessa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards with so vivid colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards, love the fab background stamping, and the lovely die cut border, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - both your cards are absolutely gorgeous. I really like the background pattern and soft blue ribbon on the CR84FN card. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!!

    Love the bold flowers in your WMSC card too! So cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, both cards are super gorgeous.........thanks for joining us at Waltzingmouse..have a wonderful day!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of these cards are awesome Vannessa! Love your beautiful stamped background! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your colors on your 'charming' card and how you created the background from the stamps. Thanks for playing along in the SUO Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the spring feeling of it. Thanks for joining us at wmsc.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's such a great idea, to stamp these flowers to form the pattern! I must try it some time :) Thanks for playing along with the Mischief Makers this week! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. These cards are so pretty! I love the patterns you've created from stamping and the colors are just so happy! Thanks for joining us this week at Waltzingmouse!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that charming set. I don't use it enough!! Thanks for joining SUO Challenges.

    ReplyDelete

All Things Magical and Mythical #120 Featuring Rainbow Fairy from Sweet November Stamps

Good morning and welcome to this week's All Things Magical and Mythical post. For today's card I have used the latest freebie digi ...