A couple of bright, flowery cards

The last post for today (really should have posted yesterday, but was working on my assignment for my course and didn't get round to it! All the reading has been done, the assignment is planned out and all I now need to do is actually write it up, by end of Tuesday!)

Anyway on the cards. This first one is for Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge #152 and for ColourQ's Challenge #124 to use Real Red, Pretty in Pink, Cool Caribbean (which I subbed with Pool Party), Very Vanilla and Whisper White. Such as fab combo! Here's their colour inspiration picture.


And here's my card for it.


Recipe:


And my final card is for Papertrey Princess Diane's Challenge to make a card using a Hawaii theme or Hawaiian colours and for Free For All Challenge #104 to use an envelope. I had this idea to have butterflies coming out of the envelope in bright Hawaiian style colours, but it didn't really work. it was too plain with a white background and then too busy on a stamped background, so I swapped to a couple of dragonflies and just a simple design, trying to keep a kind of Hawaiian style to the leaves and flowers. (I do have to say I am so jealous of Diane, getting a trip to Hawaii for her anniversary. I hope she and her husband have a fab time though and just wish I could sneak in her suitcase with her!)


Recipe:


And that's all from me this weekend folks! Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Such pretty cards, Vannessa, love all the stamping! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of your cards, especially the color combination! Great job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of your cards are so pretty! Love those bold flowers! Thanks for playing along with us at the colourQ this week! :)

    ReplyDelete

All Things Magical and Mythical #120 Featuring Rainbow Fairy from Sweet November Stamps

Good morning and welcome to this week's All Things Magical and Mythical post. For today's card I have used the latest freebie digi ...