Sunday, 22 July 2012

Stamp-A-Faire Challenges Part 1

Papertrey Ink had their Stamp-A-Faire weekend of challenges this weekend and I just had to find the time to join in, so spent all of today (and I do mean all of today, from about 8am to 5pm) getting the challenges done. I didn't get the goodie bag so haven't got the Natural Beauties special SAF stamp set, but I did place a nice, big order yesterday afternoon so that I can get it for free in this order instead!

Anyway on to the challenges. The first one was actually a make 'n' take that was only open yesterday, which I didn't realise and missed out on doing it. Being in the UK and 5 hours ahead meant that by the time SAF started I was already well away with my other card making challenges yesterday and didn't check until this morning! Oh well nevermind.

This first card is for the Knots Badge - Ribbon Techniques Challenge, in which there were 6 different tutorials using ribbon and we had to pick one to use on a card. I chose Melissa Phillips' knotted ribbon leaf technique and used a similar layout on my card to Melissa's as well, but I don't have the grosgrain ribbon in Ripe Avocado, so just used the saddle stitch instead and I really like how it looks! I pulled out some PTI patterned papers that I rarely use as well, the Pacific Vineyard pack, and went with those colours.


Recipe:


The next challenge was the Memory Preservation - Mini Book Challenge. There were 4 tutorials for this challenge and I picked Melissa Phillips idea again! I don't do scrapbooking at all, although I would love to, but never find the inspiration to do it. So instead I made an Ideas Collector! That is a set of cards to jot ideas down for card making and will fit in my handbag quite nicely. It will be a way for me to write down patterns, colour combos and other ideas for inspirations as I'm on the go as opposed to trying to remember what it was that I saw!

This is the front of my Idea Collector. I did a front cover and 4 further pages, but put them on a book ring so I can add more if need to. Although I did little pockets on the front, the idea is to actually write on the back of each card where there is a bigger space!


And this is one of the inside pages. Lots of big embellishments on my pages, but I do love my flowers and butterflies and as this is for me, I had to make it the way I will use it!


Recipe:


And that's all for this part of the Stamp-A-faire challenges. Back soon with some more!

1 comment:

  1. You have been so busy and these are both such amazing projects. Love your take on both of them and the lovely color combinations you used. Thank you!
    Melis

    ReplyDelete