Stamp-A-Faire Challenges Part 1

Papertrey Ink had their Stamp-A-Faire weekend of challenges this weekend and I just had to find the time to join in, so spent all of today (and I do mean all of today, from about 8am to 5pm) getting the challenges done. I didn't get the goodie bag so haven't got the Natural Beauties special SAF stamp set, but I did place a nice, big order yesterday afternoon so that I can get it for free in this order instead!

Anyway on to the challenges. The first one was actually a make 'n' take that was only open yesterday, which I didn't realise and missed out on doing it. Being in the UK and 5 hours ahead meant that by the time SAF started I was already well away with my other card making challenges yesterday and didn't check until this morning! Oh well nevermind.

This first card is for the Knots Badge - Ribbon Techniques Challenge, in which there were 6 different tutorials using ribbon and we had to pick one to use on a card. I chose Melissa Phillips' knotted ribbon leaf technique and used a similar layout on my card to Melissa's as well, but I don't have the grosgrain ribbon in Ripe Avocado, so just used the saddle stitch instead and I really like how it looks! I pulled out some PTI patterned papers that I rarely use as well, the Pacific Vineyard pack, and went with those colours.


Recipe:


The next challenge was the Memory Preservation - Mini Book Challenge. There were 4 tutorials for this challenge and I picked Melissa Phillips idea again! I don't do scrapbooking at all, although I would love to, but never find the inspiration to do it. So instead I made an Ideas Collector! That is a set of cards to jot ideas down for card making and will fit in my handbag quite nicely. It will be a way for me to write down patterns, colour combos and other ideas for inspirations as I'm on the go as opposed to trying to remember what it was that I saw!

This is the front of my Idea Collector. I did a front cover and 4 further pages, but put them on a book ring so I can add more if need to. Although I did little pockets on the front, the idea is to actually write on the back of each card where there is a bigger space!


And this is one of the inside pages. Lots of big embellishments on my pages, but I do love my flowers and butterflies and as this is for me, I had to make it the way I will use it!


Recipe:


And that's all for this part of the Stamp-A-faire challenges. Back soon with some more!

1 comment:

  1. You have been so busy and these are both such amazing projects. Love your take on both of them and the lovely color combinations you used. Thank you!
    Melis

    ReplyDelete

The Paper Shelter Challenge # April Showers Bring May Flowers

Good morning and welcome to my DT post for the new challenge from The Paper Shelter. This week our challenge is April Showers Bring May Fl...