Birthday Brollies

I really like this card - love the colours especially, but my boyfriend asked me why I would have umbrellas and raindrops on a birthday card and it got me thinking about whether I had used the right sentiment or not, but to be honest I'm not a great fan of any of the weather related sentiments in either of the Scattered Showers sets. Might have to buy the Stampin' Up umbrella set just for their sentiments :P

Anyway this card is for loads of challenges - Mojo Monday Challenge #290 for the sketch, Cute Card Thursday's Challenge #266 Can't Stop The Rain, Papertake Weekly's Challenge Weather With You, Just Add Ink's Challenge #163 to add a fun background and ColourQ's Challenge #186 to use these gorgeous colours! I used my Sign Language umbrella square stamp to make the pattern on the bottom half of the white piece and embossed the top half with my Cloudy Day folder, but you can't really see the clouds. My little panels use my new A Little Rain die which makes just the cutest little raindrops ever!

 

And here's my card.



Recipe:

Stamps: Sign Language, Scattered Showers, Take Three: Summer all from Papertrey Ink

Papers: Pumpkin Pie, Crumb Cake, Whisper White all from Stampin' Up

Inks: Pumpkin Pie, Crumb Cake, Melon Mambo, Lucky Limeade all from Stampin' Up

Accessories: Pumpkin Pie Grosgrain Ribbon (Retired), Cloudy Day Embossing Folder both from Stampin' Up, Scattered Showers Die, Tiny Tags Die both from Papertrey Ink, Twine from The Ribbon Reel, A Little Rain Die from Memory Box

And that's all for this post folks! Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Well, you've certainly covered the "fun background" brief, Vannessa! Love the square umbrella stamp - looks like DSP. This is a gorgeous card. Thanks for playing along with our challenge at Just Add Ink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card! The colours are wonderful and I think the rain theme is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your take on the challenge Vannessa and the umbrella theme is so cute! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute, Vanessa, I love your design and of course the colors and umbrella's. Thanks for sharing your card with us at the colourQ. I am so behind this week, hope you have a good Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete

All Things Magical and Mythical #123 Featuring Tippyscolor Fantasy Fun Coloring Book

Good morning and welcome to this week's All Things Magical and Mythical post. This week I have used a colouring book page from a set of...