Hope You Can Cling To Challenge #23

It's Challenge #23 of the Hope You Can Cling To Card Drive in honour of Breast Cancer Month over on Splitcoast Stampers today and today's challenge is to make a card inspired by a fairy tale. I just got this adorable little Fairy Princess digi stamp and thought she would be perfect for this challenge. I've actually made this one for a friend at work whose 6 year old daughter is going in to hospital for an eye operation next week so I made it all cute and girly with the requested brave princess sentiment on it. Hope she likes it!

And here she is...And boy did that sentiment take me forever to do! I don't have a small enough alphabet so had to keep masking letters from sentiments in a PTI set, but I kept getting them wonky or the ink would be on the next letter and get on the paper. After about 6 attempts at doing all the words together, I gave up and decided to have them separately instead. At least this way if I had a word that was perfect I could keep it instead of starting from scratch when I messed up!


Recipe:

Stamps: Fairy Princess from Milk Coffee, All About You from Papertrey Ink

Papers: Regal Rose (Retired), Pale Plum (Retired), Whisper White, Sweet Always DSP (Retired), Brights DSP Stack (Retired) all from Stampin' Up, Copic X-Press It Blending Card

Inks: Regal Rose (Retired) from Stampin' Up, Copic Markers

Accessories: Labels 14 from Spellbinders, Butterfly Border Die, Hearts Corner Dies both from Joy Crafts, Ribbon from Stash, Gold Ice Stickles, Heart Border Die from Crafty Sentiments, Gems from The Works

And that's all from me today folks! Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

  1. A beautiful card for your friend's 6 year old. I hope the op went well. Love your pink and lilac combo, sweet colouring and that lovely butterfly edge. Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete

All Things Magical and Mythical #120 Featuring Rainbow Fairy from Sweet November Stamps

Good morning and welcome to this week's All Things Magical and Mythical post. For today's card I have used the latest freebie digi ...