Hope You Can Cling To Oct 1st Challenges

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and for the fourth year running Splitcoast Stampers are running their Hope You Can Cling To card drive - a month full of fantastic card challenges, each one raising awareness of this very worthy cause. This year I have been asked to hostess a challenge, but mine's not until the 21st October, but I have been making a few cards for the other upcoming challenges too.

Today as it is the first day of the month and therefore first day of the challenges, there are 3 challenges. This first card is for HYCCT1A Inner Strength, in which we were asked to make a card where a dimensional image on the inside of your card can be seen through an opening in the front of your card. I jumped straight for some pink butterflies peeking through an opening!


Recipe:

Stamps: Flower Fusion #7, Polka Dot Basics II both from Papertrey Ink

Papers: Pretty in Pink (Retired), Regal Rose (Retired), Pink Passion (Retired), Whisper White all from Stampin' Up

Inks: Regal Rose (Retired), Pink Passion (Retired)

Accessories: 6002/0258 Fancy Oval Dies from Joy Crafts, Double Ended Banner Dies from Papertrey Ink, Pipp Butterfly Die, Isabella Butterfly Die both from Memory Box, Ribbon from stash

For Challenge HYCCT1B we had to use either the colour red or orange and show courage or determination. I struggled with finding a stamp for this one which showed courage or determination (I probably do have one somewhere, but my mind was blank as to where!), so anyway I came up with an especially for you card instead, using Crisp Cantaloupe which is a shade of orange right?!


Recipe:

Stamps: Mosaic Madness, Made For You both from Stampin' Up

Papers: Crisp Cantaloupe, Baked Brown Sugar, Whisper White all from Stampin' Up

Inks: Crisp Cantaloupe, Baked Brown Sugar, Pistachio Pudding all from Stampin' Up

Accessories: Fancy Fan Embossing Folder, Mosaic Punch both from Stampin' Up

And my final card for today is for HYCCT1C, which was to make a flat one or two layered card. I really struggle with these kind of cards as I love my layers so I have to make it as busy as I can! I did have to add a bit of ribbon though but it's not too bulky!


Recipe:

Stamps: Think Big Favorites #15 from Papertrey Ink, Butterfly Flourish from Hobbycraft

Papers: Confetti White (Retired) from Stampin' Up

Inks: Strawberry Slush, Coastal Cabana, So Saffron, Smoky Slate all from Stampin' Up

Accessories: Strawberry Slush Stretch Ruffle Ribbon, Coastal Cabana Stretch Ruffle Ribbon both from Stampin' Up

I hope you find the time to join in this very worthy card drive (and there's lots of prizes to be won as well). All of the cards get sent to the MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas for the patients to send out to friends, family and anyone else. I always send a huge box of cards over (and yes I does cost a bit to post from the UK, but as it's all for charity I don't mind at all!).

Please check out the challenges throughout the month as well. I will be trying to post my cards on here as they go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ink 'n' Splatter Inspiration Post #2

Good afternoon and welcome to my second DT inspiration post for Ink 'n' Splatter this month. This month we are showcasing some of th...