I love Beth's work and her creations are always outstanding so if you haven't seen her blog Contagious Crafts, pop on over to it right now and take a good look. She's an amazing crafter! Thank you for nominating me Beth.
Rules for participating in the Liebster Award:
- Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and answer the questions they presented;
- Link back to the blogger who awarded you;
- Copy & paste the pink Liebster Award logo to your blog;
- Nominate 5 blogs to receive the award who have less than 300 followers. Create a new list of 11 questions for them; and
- Inform them of their nomination.
1. What first peaked your interest in "paper" crafting?
I was bored one summer holiday (I'm a teacher during the week) and wanted something to do to keep myself occupied and found a card making kit on eBay for £5! A nasty cheap kit but the best £5 I have ever spent as it truly opened up my eyes to a world I knew nothing about and am totally in love with!
2. In this "paper" crafting world who would you most like to meet in person?
Without a doubt, Alyce Keegan and even better if I could go to Australia to meet her!
3. So as a follow up to question 2...If you were able to put together a meeting of the "paper" crafting minds who would be on your "wish list"?
I would love to have a meet up with each of the design teams I am on and meet all these fabulous ladies in real life and have Alyce join us for a day of crafting too!
4. Your favourite craft shop?
Does the Internet count as a shop? I guess not, but I love so many for different things that I cannot pick just one, so I'll add a few here - Riverside Crafts (one of my local craft stores - fabulous for beads and ribbons!), Sir Stampalot (another local craft store - fabulous for Tilda stamps and pretty papers), Live & Love Crafts (fabulous for vintage papers and embellishments), Dies to Die For (fabulous for dies and papers), Quixotic Paperie (fabulous for hard-to-get rubber stamps) and of course The Paper Shelter (fabulous for digi stamps!)
5. Are you a CAS or fussy and fancy type of crafter?
Definitely a fussy and fancy crafter- CAS scares me. There's just too much open space on them that needs to be filled!
6. Your most used embellishment?
Ribbon. I cannot have a card without some - it just feels odd!
7. Favourite colour? I know it's repetitive but in this craft colour is such a key!!
Pink, but at the minute I'm leaning towards pale aqua quite a bit.
8. Favourite medium to work with when crafting?
Copics. I am getting the hang of these now and am taking Alyce Keegan's Skin and Hair Colouring classes so am slowly improving!
9. What other hobbies do you enjoy?
Reading - I read a lot, mostly Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Romance books, with the odd murder-thriller thrown in. I do zumba twice a week and being a nerd at heart, I play World of Warcraft too.
10. Where in the world would you most like to visit?
New York. I will get there one day.
11. What is your favourite holiday?
Hallowe'en, although it's not that big over here in the UK really, but I love all the witches, ghosts and ghoulies and yet another excuse for eating sweets and chocolates!
My nominations for the Leibster Award go to:
Debra Miller - Cream City Angels (fellow Sketch Saturday DT member)
Cathy P - My Creative Space (fellow Sketch Saturday DT member)
Laila - Castle in the Sky (fellow Fussy and Fancy Girl)
Keeley Ainsworth - A Crafter's Journal
Marie - Kompis-kort by Mi (fellow Paper Shelter DT member)
And my questions are:
1. What is your favourite type of card to make?
2. Have you ever done or do you do any other types of crafting?
3. What is your to-go-to colour combo? (A very popular question I know but I love seeing what other people like to use!)
4. What do you do when/if you lose your mojo for crafting to get it back?
5. If you could design a stamp for any company, which company would it be and what your stamp be like?
6. What crafting supplies (not including tools like glue, Big Shot etc) can you not live without?
7. Do you have your own craft room?
8. What do you do whilst crafting? (e.g listen to music, watch tv etc?)
9. What has been your biggest crafting achievement so far? What would you like to achieve in the future?
10. What do you enjoy doing when you are not crafting?
11. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
And that's my Leibster Award all done. I hope you have the chance to pop on over to the blogs I have nominated and to Beth's for nominating me and see all the fabulous work these ladies create. Have fun!