Tiny Lena, My Flutterby Friend

I love the Make It Crafty digis, but they are so detailed that I actually get nervous colouring them in, in case I go completely wrong! I printed this one a bit smaller than usual, and therefore I found the hair much harder and could not get my flicks small enough. I hope it looks blonde enough as well as it was supposed to be a platinum blonde, but I had to keep adding more and more layers. Eventually I just stopped and left it before I ruined it completely, but I do like the shade it turned out.

Anyway this card is for Make It Crafty's Challenge #11 for both the easy and hard levels. The easy level was to use shades of blonde for hair and the hard level was for folds and pleats in clothing. I haven't taken any of the clothing classes available as yet (hoping to get one for my birthday in 9 days time), but I think I have managed to get the shading right.

This card is also for The Ribbon Girl's Card Challenge for July to make a summer card (I think Tiny Lena playing out in the garden with her flutterby friend is summery enough), Crafty When We Can's Challenge #73 Friendship, for Through The Craftroom Door's Challenge Anything Goes and for Kit and Clowder's July Challenge to use clothing techniques. 

Finally, here she is...


Recipe:

Stamps: Tiny Lena from Make It Crafty, Flutterby Friend from Papertrey Ink

Papers: Pool Party, Soft Suede, Spice Cake DSP (Retired) all from Stampin' Up, Copic X-Press It Blending Card

Inks: Soft Suede, Pear Pizzazz both from Stampin' Up, Copic Markers

Accessories: Pool Party Satin Ribbon (Retired) from Stampin' Up, Butterfly Scallops punch Around The Pag Set from Martha Stewart, Roses from Wild Orchid Crafts, Tulips from Magnolia, Pearls from local craft store

Copics Used: 
Skin - E000, E00, E21, E11, R20
Hair - E50, E51, E53, E43
Ribbons - E71, E74, E79
Aqua - BG10, BG11, BG13, BG15, BG18
Mustard - YG21, YG24, YG23
Green on Butterfly- G40, G43, G46
Grass - YG63, YG06, YG03, G07
Sky - BG10, BG11

And that's all from me for today folks! Thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

  1. Your card is gorgeous! I like the colors and the butterfly edge. Thanks for playing with Crafting When We Can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! This is so gorgeous. Beautiful colours and fantastic layout. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Through the Craft Room Door.

    Hugs
    Cathy DT Member
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Vannessa! Great colouring skills. I like the butterfly punch around the card, it looks fabulous!
    Hugs, Ang x
    (Crafting When We Can DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card sweetie! Do pop by my blog for some good news!!! Hugs Rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely card. I love the choice of colours and just delight with how you chose a similar shade for the background. You've emphasized just how beautiful Tiny Lina is. Good job with the details too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! Love the choice of colors. Thanks for sharing with us at Make it Colourful. Hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest Vannessa, this is beautiful! I came to visit your blog and saw this outstanding coloring job on this Make It Crafty image. I understand you were trying for platinum blonde, and it's not quite platinum, but truthfully my friend, this color suits this image and papers much better! The little bit extra of the darker shade gives her hair life and you can almost imagine it flying about her face in a wind. The tad of reddish/blonde is gorgeous and I love it. I'm kinda glad you ended up with this color cause it's so pretty! This is gorgeous, dear teammate, and although you are always kind with others' art work, you critique yourself a bit too harsh. Your coloring is magnificent. XXOO, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very lovely card! thanks for joining us at Make it Colourful challenge!

    ReplyDelete

All Things Magical and Mythical #120 Featuring Rainbow Fairy from Sweet November Stamps

Good morning and welcome to this week's All Things Magical and Mythical post. For today's card I have used the latest freebie digi ...