The Paper Shelter Challenge #174 - Ribbon, floss and/or twine

It's time for another challenge from The Paper Shelter and this week we would like to see you use ribbon, floss and/or twine on your projects. A really simple one this week that everyone can join in with, don't you think?! Except it wasn't very easy for me as I had some many ideas swimming around in my head, I couldn't decide on one!

Instead of me choosing, I asked my boyfriend to pick an image from my pile of printed digis from The Paper Shelter and he chose this gorgeous image, Cirque. I think he must have been inspired by an episode of Grimm we were watching earlier that day in which Rosalee joins a Wesen circus to find out who killed two young girls. (If you don't watch it, it's a fabulous series based on the Grimm fairy tales - go check it out!).

Anyway I used the colours of Rosalee's performing outfit as the starting point for my card, added lots of stars and some ribbon of course. I totally love how this one came out!


Recipe:

Stamps: Cirque from The Paper Shelter, Star Prints, Just The Ticket, Everyday Classics all from Papertrey Ink

Papers: Rich Razzleberry, Island Indigo, Whisper White, Brushed Silver, Brights DSP Stack (Retired) all from Stampin' Up, Copic X-Press It Blending Card

Inks: Rich Razzleberry, Island Indigo, Silver Encore all from Stampin' Up, Copic Markers, Silver Star Gelly Roll Pen

Accessories: Island Indigo Ruffle Trim (Retired), Silver Taffeta Ribbon both from Stampin' Up, Stacking Stars Dies from X-Cut, Die-Namics Star Border from MFT, Ticket Border Die from Papertrey Ink

Copics Used:
Skin - E000, E00, E21, E11, E04, R20
Hair - W3, W5, W7, W9
Purple - V05, V06, V09
Turquoise - BG02, BG05, BG07, BG09

And that's all from me for this post folks! Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to pop on over to the Paper Shelter Challenge blog and check out all the other gorgeous cards from the DT and join in the fun whilst you're there too!

3 comments:

  1. This is fabulous. This is the best card I've ever seen made with this image. This is better than great, it is wonderful, magnificent, awesome... This is a GREAT GREAT card. The theme is carried through on the papers and embellishments. It is, by far, the number one card! The colors are truly fantastic and the starts across the top are great. And look at the sentiments and they have stars on them. What an awesome theme you did and you carried it right through with your border punch and the diecuts...Wow. This is my favoritest card for the whole year! XXOO, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card and great coloring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Vannessa, I love all the stars and the colours and layout and perfect with the image, hugs, Colette xx

    ReplyDelete

All Things Magical and Mythical #120 Featuring Rainbow Fairy from Sweet November Stamps

Good morning and welcome to this week's All Things Magical and Mythical post. For today's card I have used the latest freebie digi ...