April Showers Bring May Flowers

I hope we don't get too many April showers though as I'm not a fan of getting soaked outside in the rain! I have just had a sort out of the 57 pairs of shoes, boots and sandals that I have under the bed to find another pair of boots to replace my winter ones as they are on their last legs and if it rains too much I think I might get wet feet! Yep there really are 57 pairs of shoes under there and I threw another 4 pairs of flat shoes away. I probably have another 30 pairs in my wardrobes in the spare room so will have to have a sort out of those tonight as well. My name's Vannessa and I am a shoe addict! (I did find quite a few pairs that have never been worn and DO fit too, so will be starting to wear all these gorgeous ones with the nicer weather now!)

Anyway on to my card. I decided to go for a triple stepped card so I could add lots of flowers to it yet still showcase the image at the same time. I used another gorgeous Emerald fairy digi for this one and some old patterned paper that I found in my pile virtually unused! (I am trying to cut down on the amount of stuff I buy by finding new things in my old stash! Not sure how long that will last though!)


This is the side view so you can see how it stands up. I added an extra two folds to give a support stand and a little lip to hold the back fold up as the image panel made it very heavy and it kept falling over!


This card is for Emerald Fairies Challenge #66  Spring Flowers or Easter (I went with the flowers obviously)

Recipe:

Stamps: Pip from Emerald Fairies, Scattered Showers Additions from Papertrey Ink

Papers: Rose Red, Chocolate Chip, Pear Pizzazz, Crisp Cantaloupe & Whisper White all from Stampin' Up, Copic X-Press It Blending Card, Indie Chic Patterned Papers from My Mind's Eye

Inks: Rose Red from Stampin' Up, Copic Markers

Accessories: Rose Red Ribbon (Retired) from Stampin' Up, Gems from Papermania, Border Die 6002/0357 from Joy Crafts, Delicate Daisies Open Petals Dies, Delicate Daisies Complete Petals Dies, Faux Quilled Blooms Dies & Petite Vinery Dies all from Sue Wilson @Creative Expressions

Copics Used:
Skin - E000, E00, E21, E11, R20, R30
Hair - E43, E44, E49
Heart - R56, R89, R59
Vest Top - R81, R83, R85, R89
T-shirt & Hair bands - YR00, YR61, YR02, YR04
Trousers - R81, R83, R85, YR00, YR61, YR02, YR04
Wings - R0000, R00, R01, YR00, YR61, YR02, E43, E44
Leaves & Shoes - YG00, YG03, YG06, YG25
Rain - BG0000, BG000, BG02
Shadow - BG0000, BG000

And that's all from me for today folks! Thanks for stopping by! 

3 comments:

  1. Awe this is just so very adorable! I love all the bright colors and your image is colored beautifully. That's a lot of shoes! It's always fun to find things that you have had and not used or haven't used for a while. It's like they are new again. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CWWC and good luck. Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beauty Vannessa..love the image and colouring and fabulous card design and the flowers are just gorgeous..I have a lot of shoes but my fetish is trousers..lots and lots of trousers..lol..

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful easel card, love all the flower dies used, and lovely to see Emerald Faerie Image. Thanks so much for joining us over at Emerald Faeries Challenge Blog, good luck and hope to see you again.
    ~ Denise DT ~ Emerald Faeries Challenge Blog
    {Denise's Patch of Creativity}
    {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge}

    ReplyDelete

All Things Magical and Mythical #120 Featuring Rainbow Fairy from Sweet November Stamps

Good morning and welcome to this week's All Things Magical and Mythical post. For today's card I have used the latest freebie digi ...