The Outlawz Friday Colouring Challenge - Cinco de Mayo

Happy Friday and welcome to my very first Design Team Post for the Outlawz Friday Colouring Challenge. Carla, our DT leader and former fellow DT member for the Sketch Saturday challenge, invited me to join a few weeks ago and I thought why not give it a go! LOL As I'm sure you all know I love my colouring and I always enter their challenges anyway so I thought it would be a great opportunity to practise my colouring even more.

Today's challenge is called "Cinco de Mayo", which is a celebration in Mexico to commemorate the day that the Mexican army won against French Forces in the Battle of Puebla in 1892 (Yes I did have to google it!). We would like to see any Mexican themed projects from you for this challenge - you could use the colours from the flag, Mexican food, culture etc.

I chose to go with a fabulous image from The Paper Shelter, entitled Los Mariachis, which was just perfect for this challenge. I used the three main colours from the Mexican flag - green, white and red as well to make a celebration card.


Recipe:

Stamps: Los Mariachis from The Paper Shelter, Heart-2-Heart #5 from Papertrey Ink

Papers: Gumball Green (Retired), Basic Black, Whisper White, Brights DSP Stack (Retired), Neutrals DSP Stack (Retired) & In Colors 2012-14 DSP Stack (Retired) all from Stampin' Up, Copic X-Press It Blending Card

Inks: Gumball Green (Retired) & Real Red both from Stampin' Up, Copic Markers

Accessories: Real Red Ribbon (Retired) from Stampin' Up, Heart-2-Heart #5 Die from Papertrey Ink

Copics Used:
Skin - E000, E00, E21, E11, E04, R20, R30
Hair, Eyebrows & Mustaches - C3, C5, C7, C9
Suits - W3, W5, W7, W9
Mouth - R20, R21, R22
Sombreros - E51, E53, E55, E57
Guitar - E93, E95, E97, E99
Violin - E70, E71, E74, E77, E50
Red - R24, R27, R29, R39
Green - G02, G05, G07
Shirts & Ground - C00, C1, C2

And that's all from me for this post folks! Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to pop on over to the Outlawz Friday Colouring Challenge and check out all the other gorgeous cards from the DT and why not join in the fun whilst you are there too?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Things Magical and Mythical #124 Featuring Sirena 2 from Mmedell Illustrations

Good morning and welcome to this week's All Things Magical and Mythical post. This week, I have used an old digi stamp from MMedell Ill...