Manda has asked that we share an older project using one of her images. Now this was a bit hard to choose as I have many projects that I love using Faery Ink images, but I'm going to show The Grey Witch, which I entered into the Faery Ink Facebook Challenge Grey Scale with a pop of colour. I had never done this technique before and loved how this one came out!
Manda has also asked that we share a new project for the DT call and I made a Christmas card using the beautiful Gabbie Holibell, one of my recent purchases. This card shows my style easily - lots of layers, lots of die cuts, Copic colouring and some ribbon. It's just missing some flowers, but I didn't think they would fit on this card really with everything else that is on it! It is also way more sparkly in real life too as all the white card is glitter card, but my camera doesn't pick it up so well.
I'm also going to add this card into these challenges:
Unlucky for some, but 13 has always been my lucky number, so let's get started on Manda's 13 questions!
- How did you find Faery Ink? Searching for fairy digi stamps on etsy.
- What are your top 3 favorite Faery Ink images? Why? (please include the URL to the images in the Faery Ink shop) Arielle Moon Fairy as I just love her gorgeous long hair; Shyflower Fairy - love her hair too, but she's a very elegant fairy; Gabbie as Alice in Wonderland as Alice is one of my favourite children's books and I love all things Alice as well as all things fairy!
- How many projects have you made from Faery Ink images? 10 including today's Christmas card.
- What kind of projects do you like to make from Faery Ink images? (cards, art journals, boxes, candles, art for your personal use etc…) Mostly cards, but some 3D art work. I especially love my Spooky Street project.
- How many design teams are you currently on? 11, but one is finishing at the end of November.
- How many projects do you need to complete each month in order to satisfy your obligations to your other design teams? AliciaBel - 2 per month, One Sweet Challenge - 2 per month, but is the one that is closing at the end of November, Julia Spiri - 2 per month, The Outlawz Friday Colouring Challenge - 1 per week, Paper Nest Dolls - 2 per month, In The Pink - 2 per month, All Dressed Up - 1 in month A and 2 in month B, Ching-Chou Kuik - 3 per month, Lacy Sunshine - 2 per month, Art by MiRan Facebook team - 2 per month and The Paper Shelter - 2 per month. I also complete other projects as needed such as new releases, birthday blog hops etc.
- Would you be open to a long term spot on the team? Hmmm without a doubt, yes!
- Is there any month between December 2015 and November 2016 that you will be unavailable to be a guest designer? Not really. With my job as a teacher, every month is busy, but June is the busiest with end of year assessments, reports, parents evenings etc etc
- Are you familiar with the WordPress blogging platform? Not anymore. Used to have a wordpress blog when blogger was playing up years ago, but haven't used it for a while. I am pretty savvy with computers though, so shouldn't take me too much to work it all out and I am always willing to ask if I can't do something!
- How often do you post on Facebook? Generally every day and I try to post every DT card I make on there too if I can.
- Do you participate in groups on Facebook? Yes, probably too many of them according to my BF!
- What other social media platforms are you active on? (Please provide links to your profile at each) Pinterest. Not really got into the instagram thing, probably because I don't use my phone to take pictures of my cards - I use a real camera instead to get better pictures than my phone takes!
- Is there anything you would like to add? I am the team leader for the Art by MiRan Facebook team and regularly organise a small team, ensuring they are all sticking to the agreed schedule. I organise the progressive challenge and help new members to join in too. I am also taking Alyce Keegan's colouring classes and am striving to constantly improve my colouring, which I think has REALLY improved over the last year or so. Now I am moving on to trying my hand with distress inks! Eek!
Stamps: Gabbie Holibell from Faery Ink, Winter Wishes Stars 6410/0124 from Joy Crafts
Papers: Blushing Bride, Basic Grey & Pear Pizzazz all from Stampin' Up, Let It Snow Patterned Papers from Joy Crafts, Copic X-Press It Blending Card, White Glitter card from Doodlebug
Inks: Blushing Bride from Stampin' Up, Copic Markers
Accessories: Whisper White Seam Binding Ribbon from Stampin' Up, Shabby White Frantage Embossing Powder from Stampendous, Sparkly Texture Paste from Cosmic Shimmer, White Liquid Applique, Santa With Sleigh Die 6002/2026, Circle with Ice Crystals Die 6002/2022, Ice Crystal Border Die 6002/2021, Ice Crystal Die #1 6002/2018, Ice Crystal Die #2 6002/2019 & Ice Crystal Die #3 6002/2020 all from Joy Crafts
Skin - E000, E00, E221, E11, E04, R20, R30
Hair - E70, E71, E74, E77, E79
Dress - R21, R20, R22, R24
Lamppost - T2, T4, T6
Corset & Garlands - YG61, YG63, YG67
Eyes - YG93, YG95, YG97
Light - Y11, Y15, Y18
Bell - Y23, Y26, Y28
Berries - R37
And that's all from me I think for now any way! Keep your fingers crossed for me, my lovely followers, that Manda picks me to be one of the GDTs this time!