Did Someone Say Cake?

Good morning and welcome to today's post! I thought I would share with you all a little card I made at the weekend for the Inky Paws Challenge using Newton's Nook Designs Stamps. I love these cute kitties and when I saw the new challenge was to use polka dots, I just had to join in as dots are my fave pattern. I have heaps of clothes, bags, hair accessories and shoes with dots on and they are always my favourite patterned papers to use in my card making too!

I used strips of dotty papers to make the background look a bit like the cake from the stamp with the scalloped edging. Love how bright and colourful this card is!

This card is for 

Recipe:

Stamps: Newton Loves cake from Newton Nook Designs

Papers: Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay, Whisper White & Polka Dot Parade DSP (Retired) all from Stampin' Up, Small dotty papers from Clearly Besotted, Make It Colour Blending Card from Make It Crafty

Inks: Melon Mambo from Stampin' Up, Copic Markers

Accessories: Melon Mambo Ribbon (Retired) from Stampin' Up, No End Borders Dies 6002/0479 from Joy Crafts

Copics Used:
Fur - BV20, BV23, BV25, BV29
Inner Ears - R30, R20
Collar - V22, V25, T2, T4
Cake - RV63, RV55, RV66, BG45, BG57, BG49, V12, V15, V17, BG01, BG02, BG05
Candles - YR15, YR18, YG13, YG17, Y08, Y17
Plate - T0, T2
Ground - E70, E71, E74

And that's all from me for this post folks! Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you all again soon! 


3 comments:

  1. Love how your polka dotted papers are layered like the cake! So cute! Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Inky Paws! Hugs, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage challenge good luck. Have a nice day
    Anneke DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes + optional monochrome” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

    (DT Crafty Friends)

    (DT The Sketchy Challenges)

    (DT Simply Create Too)

    (DT Kreativtanten)

    ReplyDelete

Ink 'n' Splatter Inspiration Post #2

Good afternoon and welcome to my second DT inspiration post for Ink 'n' Splatter this month. This month we are showcasing some of th...