Something Else on Saturday #86 Featuring Beatrix The Bookwitch from Faery Ink

Good Morning and Happy New Year to you all. I hope you had a fabulous New Year's celebration and we able to see in the New year with your loved ones!

I have done something a little different for today's Something Else post and decorate a reading journal that I have made. I am a huge reader and decided to make a reading journal to record all my 2021 reading in rather than just using Goodreads! 


I couldn't find a journal exactly as I wanted it, unless I got one made for me by someone on etsy and paid a fortune for it, so I made it myself just using Word! I bought a cheapy notebook from eBay, took the ring binding off and added some book binding ring clips instead as the added sheets to the pages made it too thick otherwise. 

I then decorated the front using this gorgeous image from Faery Ink, Beatrix the Bookwitch, and coloured her up using some of my favourite colour combos. I added the title using my Mama Elephant Whimsy Alphas dies and covered them with glitter to match the front cover as well. Overall it looks so sparkly! Definitely not going to lose this one! 


And here are a few pictures of some of the pages inside - I have filled it all with the exception of 2 pages which I am going to add some more reading themed digi stamps to once I have coloured them all in! Each month has a quote page with a reading themed quote - this one is for June's section. My challenge this year is to read at least 90 books. I managed 92 in 2020, so want to try and beat that if I can! 

         

Recipe:

Stamps: Beatrix the Bookwitch from Faery Ink

Papers: Magenta Madness from Stampin' Up, Make It Colour Blending Card from Make It Crafty

Inks: Copic Markers

Accessories: Stardust Stickles

Copics Used:
Skin - E000, E00, E21, E11, E04, R30, R20
Hair - T5, T7, T9, V09
Eyes - BG13, BG15, BG18
Lips - RV32, RV34
Hat - RV52, RV63, RV55, RV66, RV69
Dress - V01, V12, V15, V17, V09
Ruffle on Heart - V12, V15, V17
Hat Band, Bows & Waistband - BG53, BG45, BG57, BG49
Hearts - RV04, RV06, RV09
Book in Hand - BG72, BG75, BG78
Pages - E41, E42
Purple Book - V22, V25
Pink Book - RV23, RV25, RV29
Cup, Saucer & Teapot - BG11, BG32, BG34, BG23
Bird - YR23, YR27, YR12, YR14, YR15, RV13, RV14, BV20, BV23, BV25, BV29

And that's all from me for this post folks! Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you all again soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ink 'n' Splatter Inspiration Post #2

Good afternoon and welcome to my second DT inspiration post for Ink 'n' Splatter this month. This month we are showcasing some of th...