Mermay Monday #4

Good morning and welcome to my fourth Mermay Monday post for this month! I can't believe how quickly May is flying by! Just one Monday left! But I might sneak in a few more mermaid cards in June as well! 

For this week's cards, I found this gorgeous mermaid image from Mo Manning in my pile of printed digis, but I have never used her before. I went for a sunset sky this time, using my chalks to colour it up. I tend to use chalks for sky as they are so much quicker and easier than Copics! (I know it's a cheat, but I have so little time to colour at the weekends that saving just that bit of time means I can have more time to colour other images up!)

This card is for

Recipe:

Stamps: Meeya from Mo Manning

Papers: Melon Mambo, Granny Apple Green, Island Indigo (Retired), Summer Starfruit (Retired), Bumblebee (Retired), Raspberry Ripple (Retired), Lemon Lime Twist (Retired), Perfect Plum (Retired) & Gumball Green (Retired) all from Stampin' Up, Make It Colour Blending Card from Make It Crafty, Under The Sea Patterned Paper from Doodlebug

Inks: Copic Markers, Pearlescent Chalks

Accessories: Gems from Poundland, Sea Life Dies from eBay

Copics Used:
Skin - E000, E00, E21, E11, E04, R30, R20
Hair - RV02, RV04, RV06, RV09
Lips - RV55
Tail - BV000, BV00, BV01, BV02, BV04, BV08
Starfish Top - YR23, YR24, YR27
Shell - E41, E42, E43, E44
Seaweed - YG93, YG95, YG97
Kelp - YG03, YG25, YG17
Sea - B00, B01, B02, B04
Rock - N3, N5, N7

And that's all from me for this post folks! Thanks for stopping by and I hope to see you all again soon! Take care and have fun! 

6 comments:

  1. A colorful mermaid birthday. The sentiment is very cute with the waves and fish! Thank you for joining the birthday celebration challenge at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's so cute and I love your colourful layout which she looks great on. Thanks for taking part at Allsorts 13th Birthday challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a great coloring job, so vibrant and fun! Great card, thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've created a fantastic mermaid card, and I love everything about it. The digi is adorable and beautifully coloured, the selection of patterned papers in the background goes well with the die cuts, and a couple of rhinestones for the bling - absolutely wonderful. You've added quite a few layers to your card creating a stunning scenery. I've never heard about using chalk for the background, but looking at this beautiful sunset sky it looks like a great idea. Do you use any specific chalcs/chalk pencils? I'll have to try this technique once because I'm not always happy with my backgrounds, and chalk seems like something that could work for me. Thanks for joining the Alphabet challenge.

    Hugs, Veronika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing coloring and clever use of Scrap papers. Thanks for sharing your card at Polkadoodles.
    Looking forward to seeing you soon.
    Nunzia DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute card - those die cut seaweed & shells are the perfect touch. Thanks for sharing it with us at the Alphabet Challenge. Deborah DT

    ReplyDelete

All Things Magical and Mythical #119 Featuring Mermaid Birthday Party Treasure from Faery Ink

Good morning everyone and welcome to this week's All Things Magical and Mythical post. I haven't used a Faery Ink image for ages so...