Daisy's Butterfly

Here's a card that I started making for the Sketch Challenge 168 over on SCS here. As I was making it I realised that if I didn't use any white card and just kept to the designer paper that it would also meet the Ways To Use It Challenge here.




I started with a pink A6 base from Craftonic and stamped the flowers and swirls from Friendship Blooms (SAB 2008 set) at the top and bottom but they didn't work out how I had planned. They needed to be straight rather than at an angle. Anyway...


I used some Daisy Bucket paper that I bought ages ago and have never used. It comes in a 12 x 12 sheet but divided into 4 different patterned designs. Each of these designs can be bought as a whole 12 x 12 sheet as well, but I like the coordinating smaller pieces. It is also double sided so you get twice as much for your money. The brown layers are on the reverse of the whole sheet. Everything on here was from the same sheet and no other card/paper was used at all.


The center panel only had one dragonfly showing so I cut out 2 more and added them to that piece. The butterfly was stamped directly onto the spotty paper using just the butterfly but not the sentiment from Just Celebrate (Occasions Mini Spring 2008) using my chocolate chip marker and was cut out before being popped up with foam pads on the brown panel. The antennae were so fiddly to cut round and I cheated - I colored in any white bits with my chocolate chip marker. I did add a little cinnamon stickles glitter glue to its body and to the center of the flowers, which were also stamped from the Just Celebrate set with just the heads inked up and stamped on to different scraps of the same papers. I added some Diamond Stickles to the wings as well.

The peel off borders were found in my huge pile of peel offs - I think I got them from The Paper Mill Shop ages ago but I'm not sure. The bling is not as bright as in the photo. I have tons of peel offs and never really use them, so I'm trying to get rid of them a bit more now.


Recipe
Stamps - Friendship Blooms and Just Celebrate by Stampin Up


Papers - Pink card blank from Craftonic, Daisy Bucket designer papers


Inks - Chocolate Chip SU Marker


Accessories - PInk glitter peel offs (from The Paper Mill Shop I think), Stickles glitter glue in Cinnamon and Diamond

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Things Magical and Mythical #120 Featuring Rainbow Fairy from Sweet November Stamps

Good morning and welcome to this week's All Things Magical and Mythical post. For today's card I have used the latest freebie digi ...