Featured Stamper Challenge CASE

On a Sunday SCS do a Featured Stamper challenge. The idea is that you look in the nominated stamper's gallery, choose a card you like and CASE it. You have to change at least 2 things - could be the stamp set, colors used, sentiment etc. I love doing this challenge as it gives me an opportunity to copy those designs I really like but change them to suit me a bit. This week's challenge was to CASE Amy aka Pickletree, so I chose her card here for the layout more than anything. Here's my version of it:





In a bid to use up all my old cardstock I used some pink card to make the base. I found a square envelope that I got from Pondskipper Crafts ages ago (I haven't been there in a while - might make a trip next week while I'm on holiday).


I cut the 4 squares about 2 in square from the new Raspberry Champagne papers by Papermania. Sometimes this company does some really nice stuff and these papers are gorgeous. I inked the edges with Purely Pomegranate and then mounted them on green to kind of go with the green in the pattern but it's a bit brighter than I wanted. I didn't want to break into my SU cardstock as I only have a few sheets of the Old Olive that would have gone better. However, I do like the green with the pink. I added the brads in two colors as I realised that other than gold and silver I didn't have 16 (yes 16!!) brads all in the same color and didn't want to use either of those colors. I just made sure that opposite colors met together.


I stamped the flower from Friendship Blooms (SAB 2008 set) onto the white circle, which I had cut out and embossed with my nestabilites. I cut round the embossed edge to make the circle a little smaller as I only have 1 set of circle nestabilities at the minute and the next size up in the set was too big for a border. (I will get round to buying all the others when I have 1 set of each shape - I just ordered my squares yesterday!). I found these leaves in my stash of flowers and thought the color went well although I do think they look more like holly leaves than other leaves but I like them. I stamped the flower again on scrap white card and cut it out so that the leaves could go behind without covering up any of the petals. I added a bit of Stickles Diamond Glitter Glue to the center of the panels to add a bit of bling. I joined them all together using a spotty pink brad from Lakeland. I added some dots with a pink gel pen in the scallops of the green layer as it looked a bit too plain. I cut out a small rectangle for the ribbon using my craft knife as I don't have the slot punch from SU yet. I'm going to put that into my next order as I didn't think I'd use it that much but actually it will be really handy for making ribbon slots. I tied some ribbon I got from my local market stall through the top and stuck the whole circle panel down with double sided tape. It didn't need popping up for the brad as the gap in between the panels was high enough. I did miss out the sentiment from Amy's card as I didn't feel it needed one. Also it could be for any occasion that way as well.


Recipe


Stamps - Friendship Blooms from Stampin Up


Paper - Pink, Green and White card from local stamping store, Pink Champagne papers from Papermania


Ink - Purely Pomegranate from Stampin Up


Accessories - Pink and Green Brads from Papermania, Ribbon from local market, Spotty Brad from Lakeland, Stickles Glitter Glue in Diamond

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Paper Shelter Challenge # April Showers Bring May Flowers

Good morning and welcome to my DT post for the new challenge from The Paper Shelter. This week our challenge is April Showers Bring May Fl...