More Hallowe'en and a Thank You

If you're not a fan of Hallowe'en cards, you might find my blog getting a bit stale in the next few weeks as I'll making loads and loads of them! I counted up what I wanted to make and I need about 30, including 3 for my MIL to send out. I have made 6 so far LOL but there's still plenty of time. I just realised that I send out almost as many Hallowe'en ones as I do Christmas cards, but not as many gifts.

Anyways my first Hallowe'en card today is for Farm Fresh Friday's Move It challenge. You had to have a moving part on the card so I made my little Hallowe'en characters spin round. Basically I used the same idea as a spinner card but just punched a single circle rather than make a strip for the penny to roll across. I also used the sketch from Sweet Sunday's #85 for my layout - I found this challenge blog whilst browsing this morning and they have some gorgeous sketches on there, so go and check it out!


Recipe:

Stamps: Spooktacular from The Greeting Farm

Papers: Green Galore, Elegant Eggplant, Spiderweb DSP from Making Memories, Orange DSP from Imaginisce

Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics

Accessories: Martha Stewart Spiderweb punch round the page set, Elegant Eggplant grosgrain ribbon, Scalloped Square Punch

My next Hallowe'en card is for Just Magnolia's sketch #72. I used my new Basic Gray Eerie papers for this one and love the "dark" feel of it!


Recipe:

Stamps: Bat Tilda from Magnolia, Tiny Treats: Halloween from PTI

Papers: Dusty Durango, Creamy Caramel, Copic White, Basic Gray Eerie DSP

Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics

Accessories: Circle Nestabilities, Dew Drops

And my final card for today uses another of my new Verve sets - this one is Thankful Accents and I love the circular flourish - is that what you call it? This one is for Free For All #29 which was a sketch challenge this week and for Curtain Call #47 to use Crumb Cake, Always Artichoke, Early Espresso and Whisper White. I still don't have all the new colours in the ink pads as I didn't want to place a large order and be stuck with an old hostess stamp set or paper pack, so am waiting until October 1st when we can order from the new catalogue and then I can get a gorgeous new hostess set - I love all the Level 1 sets in the new catalogue! I also thought I'd enter this one for Sweet Stampin's #43 - Just A NOte. I always need lots of thank you cards so this one was ideal.


Recipe:

Stamps: Thankful Accents from Verve

Papers: Always Artichoke cs & DSP, Kraft cs & DSP, Early Espresso

Inks: Always Artichoke, Crumb Cake

Accessories: Always Artichoke grosgrain ribbon, Circle Nestabilities, Clear gems from Papermania

And that's all for today folks. Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. Totally fun Halloween cards Vannessa!!! Your take on the Curtain Call is beautiful too...thank you for joining us this week!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable, I'm crazy about your Curtain Call card. Beautiful job with these colors, you gave it alot of dimension and life:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are darling cards! We're looking for papercrafters to join us by entering exciting challenges at Papercraft Star. All the challenges are posted way in advance to give everyone a chance to get their project ready. The public and participants can vote for their favorite projects (that win People's Choice Awards) and we also feature fantastic give-aways from our sponsors. We hope you'll come over and join us today at http://www.papercraftstar.blogspot.com We're right in the middle of a $25.00 gift certificate give away just for becoming a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are soooo adorable, I am having a Verve stamps giveaway on my blog, check it out and tell your friends!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Halloween is so my fave time of the year (nothing to do with it being my bday lol!!!)

    Fabby cards hun..love the note card!!
    thanks for playing at sweet stamping xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What great cards! I love that spiderweb punch it's fantastic! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week x

    ReplyDelete
  7. fab cards, Vannessa! thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Halloween cards are so cute, and the thank you card is gorgeous! I love the dp you used and the beautiful Verve stamps. Thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete

All Things Magical and Mythical #120 Featuring Rainbow Fairy from Sweet November Stamps

Good morning and welcome to this week's All Things Magical and Mythical post. For today's card I have used the latest freebie digi ...