Not Hallowe'en Cards

I did make a few Hallowe'en cards this weekend and you can see those here. But these are some that are not! :P

This first card is for CC288 to use Blushing Bride, Always Artichoke and Marina Mist, but I don't have the ink for the new colours yet I subbed Bride and Marina with some of the other similar colours instead. This is also for Just Add Ink's #35 to make a sympathy card and I thought these colours were soft enough for one and I used old Mojo #74 for the layout.


Recipe:

Stamps: Cute By The Inch, Fine Flourish, Fresh Cuts

Papers: Pink Pirouette, Always Artichoke, Very Vanilla, Baja Breeze, Ski Slope DSP

Inks: Always Artichoke, Pink Pirouette, Baja Breeze

Accessories: Scallop Trim Punch, Very Vanilla grosgrain ribbon, Always Artichoke grosgrain ribbon, Circle Nestabilities, Always Artichoke brad

My next card is for Papertake Weekly's inspiration challenge - I used pale pink, bright pink and turquoise for my colours, but this combo was fab! I also used Taylored Expressions sketch #128 for the layout.


Recipe:

Stamps: Flight of the Butterfly, Dot Dot Dot, So Swirly wheel, Pocket Silhouettes

Papers: Tempting Turquoise, Pretty in Pink, Melon Mambo, Whisper White

Inks: Tempting Turquoise, Pretty in Pink, Melon Mambo

Accessories: Butterfly Punch, Pretty in Pink grosgrain ribbon, Tempting Turquoise and Pretty in Pink brads, Scallop Edge Punch

My next one is for Mojo #156 using the colours from Color Throwdown's #110 to use Pink Pirouette, Basic Gray and Rich Razzleberry. I also attempted to do some stitching for both Stampin' Royalty's #37 and Sweet Stampin's #44 using my machine so excuse the really dodgy sewing! Some bits had to be done several times as the thread kept coming out of the needle and by the time I had stitched round the 5 pieces of card I was ready to throw that darned machine in the bin! Sewing is SO not my thing! I love the look and so desperately want to do it but my machine doesn't like me. Maybe if I had a better one it would come out better, but can I really justify spending £100 or so on a machine when I can't sew?! LOL


Recipe:

Stamps: Greenhouse Garden

Papers: Pink Pirouette, Basic Gray, Rich Razzleberry, Very Vanilla

Inks: Pink Pirouette, Rich Razzleberry

Accessories: Scallop edge Punch, Basuc Gray Tafetta ribbon, Pearls from Papermania

My next one is for Farm Friday Friday's Old School challenge for which you had to use an old stamp from their collection. I have no idea when the stamps were released so just used the same one as one of their DT members. I used old CC26 to use Tempting Turquoise, Gable Green and Lavender Lace and old Mojo #26 for the layout.


Recipe:

Stamps: Mermaid Anya

Papers: Gable Green, Lavender Lace, Copics White, Rainbow Sherbet DSP (retired)

Inks: Copics, memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories: Tempting Turquoise grosgrain ribbon, Green gems from stash

And my final card is my first Christmas card this year as well. I can't believe I started on these already, although this will probably be the last one for a while. This one is for Just Us Girls #51 to use red, green and black and I used old Mojo #57 for the layout.


Recipe:

Stamps: Baroque Motifs, Occasional Greetings

Papers: Riding Hood Red, Basic Black Textured, Very Vanilla, Old Olive DSP

Inks: Old Olive, Riding Hood Red

Accessories: Scallop trim Punch, Basic Black Satin ribbon

And that's all for this post today folks. Thanks for dropping by!

8 comments:

  1. Vanessa, this is SOOOOO pretty!!! Great job! Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls this week! We appreciate your support :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card! Glad our JUGs colors inspired you to create a Christmas card! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way about sewing on cards after trying it for the first time. Your card turned out really nicely. Thanks for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All beautiful cards, and I really like your JAI submission. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sewing on cards can sometimes be a challenge, but I am glad you persevered! It is lovely! Thanks for playing with the CTD this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning!!

    Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodness me - what a lot of lovely cards! Great stitching on number 3 but great everything on all of then really! Thank you for joining us this week at Sweet Stampin! Warmest wishes, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've been very busy creating! This are all so pretty... great job! Have you heard of Papercraft Star yet? We'd love for you enter some of your pretty projects into our challenges, we have a DT call coming soon and you can enter to win a gift certificate right now! http://papercraftstar.blogspot.com/2010/09/another-gift-certificate-give-away-at.html

    ReplyDelete

All Things Magical and Mythical #119 Featuring Mermaid Birthday Party Treasure from Faery Ink

Good morning everyone and welcome to this week's All Things Magical and Mythical post. I haven't used a Faery Ink image for ages so...