The final Christmas card and pressies

I know this is a bit late seeing as Christmas has been and gone, but in the chaos of the last few days I just haven't had the time to upload these photos to my blog, so here's the last Christmas card I did and 2 presents I did as well. And as per usual I managed to squeeze in a couple of challenges as well!

My card is for SC312, which was a nice and simple sketch - just what I needed as well as I realised on the morning I was heading to the post office to post all my cards (at the last minute as well) that I had 2 missing! So I whipped up 2 of these in a flash!


Recipe:

Stamps: Inside & Out: Holiday from PTI

Papers: Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Jolly Holiday DSP all from SU

Inks: Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler both from SU

Accessories: Scallop Trim Punch, Old Olive Twill (Retired) both from SU, Red gems from stash, Christmas Tree Die from PTI

My next project is a pillow box that I made to put my mother-in-law and my BFF's jewellery gifts in (they got different jewellery each, but had the same box and tag). I thought I would enter this one in for Val's Papertrey Princess 3D Box challenge. As I was very pushed for time this week instead of making a matching gift tag I used some old cream ones that my MIL found a ton of at work, which she very kindly brought to me in case I could find a use for them! (My answer was of course I can!)


Recipe:

Stamps: Background Basics: Christmas from PTI

Papers: Bordering Blue (retired) from SU

Inks: Ballet Blue (retired) from SU

Accessories: Pillow Box template, gift tags from stash, silver ribbon from gift wrapping set!

And my final project was another biggie! I made 2 of these calendars, one for my mum and the other for my MIL.  I thought I would enter this one in for Lee's Papertrey Princess Challenge to make a 3D project. (Lots of pictures for this one so be warned!)

I really didn't think about the amount of work involved in making these when I started them and if I could do them again, I definitely would NOT do colouring in on every one as my hand was killing at the end and I ran out of about 4 different copics, so have to get those refilled soon. I used the same stamp set on each page, the gorgeous Delightful Dahlias and coloured each month in a different colour as suitable to that month as I could get! For the front cover I used some Kraft cardstock and added a small Dahlia die in each of the cardstock colours - I was sick of colouring by this point! I do really like them and both my mum and MIL loved them but next year (if I do them again) I will rethink my design!
Front Cover

January & February

March & April

May & June

July & August

September & October

November & December


Recipe:

Stamps: Calendar Basics, Delightful Dahlias both from PTI

Papers: Kraft from PTI, Baja Breeze, Poppy Parade, Lovely Lilac, Daffodil Delight, Rose Red, Peach Parfait, Pink Pirouette, Perfect Plum, Barely Banana, Pumpkin Pie, Pacific Point, Real Red

Inks: As above plus Chocolate Chip, Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics

Accessories: Calendars, Delightful Dahlia dies from PTI, Bind It All and wires, Chocolate Chip ribbon from SU

And that's all for this post folks! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ink 'n' Splatter Inspiration Post Featuring Felicia Fab Girl

Good afternoon and welcome to this week's inspiration post for Ink 'n' Splatter. This week I am sharing the adorable Felicia F...