Papertrey Ink December Blog Hop

I am actually a day late with this one, but as I've done it I thought I would show it to you anyways. This month Nichole and the rest of the PTI team challenged us to use up some Christmas leftovers on a project. As it happens I didn't have many bits left over as I had tidied everything away already for Christmas, but I did receive this gorgeous box from my Secret Santa, Melanie, over on the In Love With Stamping forum.


And inside was this set of 3 reels of gorgeous ribbon all tied together with a long strip of the new Real Red taffeta ribbon. I didn't think I would like this ribbon as red is not a colour I especially choose to use, but I do like the more subtle shade of it in this ribbon.


Anyway I used some of this ribbon on my project which is also for Mojo #170, CC302 to use Red, Black and White and for Mara's Papertrey Princess challenge to create a card with something in the air on it - I chose butterflies!


Recipe:

Stamps: Signature Series: Butterfly, Polka Dot Basics II both from PTI

Papers: Real Red, Basic Black, Whisper White all from SU, Red DSP from Pebbles, Dotty DSP from MY Mind's Eye

Inks: Real Red from SU

Accessories: Victorian Lace die, Signature Series: Butterfly Die, other butterfly die all from PTI, Button from Elzybells, Circles Nestabilities, Real Red Taffeta Ribbon and Oval Punches from SU, Polka Dots Embossing Folder

I have made a new goal following on from this card - to try and make a bit of a dent in the huge piles of DSP I have all over the place. I have boxes full of loose sheets and SO many paper packs from various different companies as well as 4 boxes full of just SU stuff! Let's see how much I can actually get through!

Anyway that's all for this post folks! Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. I love the box you made, what a great gift

    ReplyDelete
  2. red & black are my fav colors together :)
    love the different spots and the embossed dots on the butterfly - pulls everything together very nicely

    ReplyDelete

All Things Magical and Mythical #120 Featuring Rainbow Fairy from Sweet November Stamps

Good morning and welcome to this week's All Things Magical and Mythical post. For today's card I have used the latest freebie digi ...