Papertrey Ink Day With Friends

I went down to Watford today for a Papertrey Ink crafting day with a group of friends from the In Love With Stamping forum, all organised by the lovely Karin, who runs the forum. There were 12 of us for the day, but another 4 ladies played from home as they couldn't make it to Watford. I hope they had as much fun playing away as we did!

Karin had made everyone a gorgeous little gift box full of goodies:


And this is what was inside - the Signature Series Dressform stamp set and die (different people had different sets depending on what they already had), some Pure Poppy and Vintage Cream felt, 1 stamp from the Trademarks set, some Pure Poppy, True Black and Vintage Cream buttons in an embossed glassine bag, some mini eggs and a Kit Kat, but I ate that one!


These are all the projects we made and card candy we swapped! There was a lot to do and we were going at it all day LOL!

Ally's project was to make a flower wreath and unfortunately I just didn't get the time to make it. By the time I got on to the one it was 3:30 and we had to start tidying up at about 3:45 so I'll be doing this one this week. I love the bright colours Ally used in her card candy as well.


ETA: I made Ally's wreath today and here it is!


Bekka's cute card used the lovely owl from Wise Owl and although she didn't do card candy as such, she did include this cute little bookmark for everyone instead.


Dawn's card uses the gorgeous Mums set - I did um and ah about getting this one and now I think I will! It was so lovely to finally meet Dawn in person, having been chatting with her in the forum for a couple of years now!


Elaine's project was this cute little magnetic bookmark! And her matching card candy uses the most gorgeous colour combo! It was lovely to meet Elaine for the first time as well.


Jackie's project was this cute card using the Asian Fusion stamp set. I love the colours she used for her card candy too!


Karin's project was a cute ladybug magnet made to match her gift box! I love the Bloom Builders die she used on her card candy - another must have I think! I did nearly buy it when it came out but I swapped it in my basket for something else. I wish I hadn't now!


Linda's project was this cute Favor It Box with a little bag of Haribo inside too. I love the patterned paper Linda used in her card candy - it's from one of the Color Couture downloads, which I think are going to be another must have.


Linzi's project has just caused me a ton of work! My boyfriend wants 6 of them along with a pagoda stamp (I don't have one) stamped all over just so he can eat noodles out of them! Me thinks he can make his own boxes! LMAO. I am now adding the Star Prints set to my wishlist as well. And I love Linzi's black, red and white theme for her card candy too.


Melanie's project used the Asian Fusion set as well, but with a funky bright combo! She also included a cute little gift box with some chocs inside!


Pat used a gorgeous combo on her card and her card candy. Beautiful Blooms II is one of my fave stamp sets too!


Rachel's bright butterfly card is just gorgeous as is the colour combo for her card candy. She also made little diaper pouches with a Ritter choc bar in them. Rachel also very kindly gave me another box of chocs for loaning her my butterfly die and some ink pads. Thank you very much!


Sharon used the Dressform set on her card with a gorgeous soft colour combo. It was lovely to meet Sharon for the first time as well.


Shifra's project was this cute little card - the sentiment says "Just wanted to say..." and then hidden inside the rest of it says "...I need a teaspoon of you a day". How cute is that sentiment! Shifra has also convinced me that I need the Scattered Showers set as well. Lovely to meet Shifra for the first time today as well (and to have a buddy for some "fresh air" LOL


Steph's projects was this cute hot air button balloons card. I love all the purples she used and the patterned paper was just so pretty. It was lovely to meet Steph for the first time as well today.


Val also used the Dressform set, but with a totally different colour combo. I am so glad I got this one from Karin as I think I'll be using it loads now. Val has also convinced me that I need the By The Numbers Impression plate and dies now!


And finally here's my project. You can't see it in the photo but the pink piece is embossed with the Polka Dots impression plate.


We all had such a fab day and I can't wait for the next one, which hopefully I'll be hosting in July sometime.

2 comments:

  1. Wow what wonderful work there, that is some awesome stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! What a party! It sounds (and LOOKS) like you all had an incredible time. SO jealous of all the goodness you saw and received!

    ReplyDelete

All Things Magical and Mythical #124 Featuring Sirena 2 from Mmedell Illustrations

Good morning and welcome to this week's All Things Magical and Mythical post. This week, I have used an old digi stamp from MMedell Ill...