Monday's little notebook

I thought I would have a last full crafting day today seeing as I'm going back into work for the rest of this week to set my classroom up, put up displays, do planning, write the children's names on books etc. and I only got one thing done! It did take me quite a few hours, even though it doesn't look it. I spent ages making decisions and trying things out several times before I was happy. I got to the last bit - sticking on the roses and leaves - and decided to dig out my silicone glue that hasn't been touched for ooh at least 3 years now. I don't like the smell :P I went into my spare room to get out the box with the glue in and as I went to put it away again, I dropped it and tubes of glitter went everywhere popping their lids. So now I have a clear box with a lovely multi-coloured glittery base and a matching carpet! This clearing up must have taken at least 30 minutes out of my crafting time and I didn't get much out of the carpet despite lots of hoovering!!! This is why I don't use loose glitter very often!

Anyway on to my little notebook. This is for Cupcake Craft Challenge #157 to alter something and for Totally Tilda's Challenge #30 Back to School. As a teacher I go through tons of notebooks making notes from meetings, training courses, lists of things that need to be done etc so every September I make myself a new one, nice and clean, all ready for the new school year.

My notebook looked like this... (note the chipped bit on the cover from where I dropped it on a box!)


And now it looks like this...A much better looking notebook don't you think?! And the chipped bit is completely hidden! The flowers on the doily on the top left are attached to a piece of silver elastic cord so I can mark my pages as necessary. I love how this has blended in to the rest of the cover.


Recipe:

Stamps: Ballerina Tilda, Cutie Circus Tilda both from Magnolia, Big & Bold Holiday Wishes from Papertrey Ink

Papers: Melon Mambo, Very Vanilla both from Stampin' Up, Copics White, Tilda Flowergarden DSP

Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics

Accessories: Silver Elastic Cord, Melon Mambo Ribbon (retired), Sizzix Timeless Type Junior Alphabet all from Stampin' Up, Tilda Doily Die from Magnolia, Lace from Cuddly Buddly, Doily Details Die, Raspberry Fizz Felt, Turning A New Leaf Die all from Papertrey Ink, Mini Rolled Roses Dies from My Favorite Things, Pearls from Papermania, Diamond Stickles

And that's all I managed to get done today folks, but I'm really pleased with it! Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. Such a fantastic notebook! just looking at that will brighten up anyones day!Love the sweet images and lovely details! Thanks for joining us at The Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Good luck! Hugs and Sunshine!/Sari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the "back to School" Tilda chall.

    thanks for sharing with us at Totally Tilda chall this wk

    smiles Christine TT DT & girlies x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous book you have totally altered it and it looks fab,thanks for joining us at Cupcake Craft this week.
    Hugs Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Tilda note book Thanks for joining us at Totally Tilda back to school challenge.
    Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You color Tilda so well! Love her, and the notebook!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Vanessa, what a stunning altered notebook. I love the image and your felt flowers are beautiful. Gorgeous colours and papers. Thank you for sharing with us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  7. hello
    sorry for my english..
    your notebook is so nice and the tilda so pretty
    I love...
    véro from France

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great take on the challenge, fab note book, thanks so much for sharing with us at Totally Tilda, hugs Liz and Susie xx

    ReplyDelete

All Things Magical and Mythical #120 Featuring Rainbow Fairy from Sweet November Stamps

Good morning and welcome to this week's All Things Magical and Mythical post. For today's card I have used the latest freebie digi ...