A Pair of Flowers

Just a couple of flowery cards that I made today.

This first one is for Just Add Ink's Challenge #83 for the sketch, The Shabby Tea Room's Challenge #77 to use your birthstone colour - my birthday is in July so my birthstone is Ruby. I don't especially like rubies (much prefer pink sapphires!). I also used Play Date CafĂ©'s Challenge #97 to use black, white and a splash of red and  Free For All's Challenge #79 to stack something. My flower has 5 layers on it - the black dots are actually on a sheet of acetate which I layered over the Cherry Cobbler in the same size.


Recipe:


Stamps: Birthday Bash Sentiments from Papertrey Ink


Papers: Cherry Cobbler, Night & Day DSP (retired) both from Stampin' Up, Black Glitter Card from Stash, White Hammered Card from Stash


Inks: Cherry Cobbler from Stampin' Up


Accessories: Beautiful Blooms Dies #1, True Black Buttons, Doily Details Dies, Limited Layers 1 3/4" Circle Die all from Papertrey Ink, White Buttons from Elzybells, Ribbon from Stash, Cherry Cobbler Button from Stampin' Up

My other flowery card is for Viva La Verve's Sketch #1 for September and CC338 to use Cherry Cobbler, Calypso Coral (which I don't have just yet, but has now been ordered, so I used Cameo Coral instead) and More Mustard. What a nice bright combo this one turned out to be. And on another good note, guess who won the Viva La Verve prize for completing all of August sketches?? Yep, yours truly! What a fantastic way to end my summer holidays! So this card is dedicated to all the Verve Divas for their fantastic sketches each week and to Julee Tilman for such a great prize. Can't wait for it to arrive on my doorstep!



Recipe:


Stamps: Dream Big, Petals & Stems both from Verve, Mat Stack 2 Collection from Papertrey Ink


Papers: More Mustard, Cherry Cobbler, Pink Flamingo DSP (retired) all from Stampin' Up, White Hammered Card from Stash (trying to use this pile of old card up!)


Inks: Cherry Cobbler, Cameo Coral (retired) both from Stampin' Up


Accessories: More Mustard Ribbon (retired) from Stampin' Up, Mat Stack 2 Die, 1 3/4" Limited Layers Circles Collection both from Papertrey Ink

And that's all from this post folks! Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Sweet creation for the Tea Room challenge this week ... love those buttons and polka dots! Thanks for sharing with us all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely pair of cards. Great take on the JAI sketch this week. Thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your use of buttons on the card you made for the Just Add Ink challenge, thanks for joining in this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are cute! #1 is my fav...I LOVE polka dots :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! Love all the layers and patterns-work wonderfully together :) Glad you played with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. I love all the swirly circley patterns around your words. Chantell

    ReplyDelete

All Things Magical and Mythical #120 Featuring Rainbow Fairy from Sweet November Stamps

Good morning and welcome to this week's All Things Magical and Mythical post. For today's card I have used the latest freebie digi ...