VSN Challenges F - K

Carrying on with the VSN challenges from SCS this weekend. I didn't manage to get them all done - I just didn't have the time to do them all.

Challenge F was to look back at your own cards and recreate one. I looked back in my SCS gallery at earlier VSN cards I had done and found this monstrosity! I made this one back in 2008 before I had discovered Copics and still had a thing for heat embossing everything! I re-did this card, keeping the pastel colours and the sketch, but left out the embossing and the weird ribbon thing!


Recipe:


Challenge G was to be inspired by the song "Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" by Gordon Lightfoot. I had never heard of this song before but lyrics were just so sad. I don't have any ship stamps at all, so copied a few other people and made a sympathy card instead.


Recipe:


Challenge H was to incorporate movement/motion/travel into a baby card. I generally don't have any baby stamps so had no idea what I was going to do for this one. I searched through my Stampin' Up excel file which lists all the set I have and what type they are and found 2 baby sets! I had completely forgotten that I had this cute little train set, but a perfect choice for a baby boy's card, don't you think?!


Recipe:


Challenge I was to use the mirror technique, but I didn't get the chance to do this one.

Challenge J was to use a map or globe element on your card. To be honest I didn't particularly want to do this one as maps on cards just don't do it for me!

Challenge K was to incorporate weaving of some kind into your card. I don't think I have ever used paper weaving on a card before so no time like the present to do so! It took me a while to sort out the strips to get them to weave, but eventually I came up with this! Looking back at it, I should have used more of the green DSP in the weaving.


Recipe:


And that's all for this post folks! Thanks for stopping by. Hope you're all enjoying the VSN challenges as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Things Magical and Mythical #123 Featuring Tippyscolor Fantasy Fun Coloring Book

Good morning and welcome to this week's All Things Magical and Mythical post. This week I have used a colouring book page from a set of...