Saturday, 25 August 2012

Flowers on headbands!

I've been crafting loads this week as usual, but haven't gotten round to blogging at all, so loads of posts coming up!

My card is for La-La Land Crafts Challenge Buttons and Bows, for CC389 to use Bravo Burgundy, Regal Rose and Summer Starfruit (yay my new in-colors arrived this week so I got to play with some of them!) and for F4A130 to pick one of the tutorials from SCS and mix it with one of the other challenges, so I did this week's color challenge and used the center-step card tutorial to come up with this cutie!


This is the view from the side - you can see the folding better here.


Recipe:


And my next project is for Stampin' Royalty's Challenge #138 to use fabric. It just so happened that one of my work friends needed some headbands for her little girl and niece to wear to her sister's wedding next weekend and rather than pay the £32 EACH for the ones she found which coordinated with the girls' dresses, I said I would make some instead. I just covered some plastic headbands with the red fabric and then made some flowers using one of my Sizzix dies and the same fabric as the dresses were made from, added some buttons and voilà! All done, pretty and way cheaper than Accessorize!


And on my head! I know my roots need doing and I'm at the hairdressers next week, ready for a colour and cut before I go back to work!


And that's all for this post folks! Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment