VSN Saturday's Challenges K - P without the N & Q

These are the cards I made for the last 5 challenges apart from challenge N for the VSN over on Splitcoast Stampers this weekend. I didn't do challenges N & Q as I wasn't feeling inspired and had completely run out of mojo by the time those ones came around.

You can see the cards I did for challenges A - E here and F - J here.

Challenge K was to make a card showing how you "soar" for your vacation. I don't have any airplane stamps or anything like that really so had to use my faithful hot air balloons stamps instead. I used Mojo #34 and CC81 to use Mellow Moss, Bravo Burgundy and So Saffron for this one as well.


Recipe:

Stamps: Everyday Button Bits from PTI

Papers: So Saffron, Bravo Burgundy, Whisper White, Mellow Moss DSP from hostess pack, Sweet Pea DSP

Inks: Bravo Burgundy, So Saffron, Mellow Moss, Bashful Blue

Accessories: Circle Nestabilities, Clouds Dies from PTI, Bravo Burgundy grosgrain ribbon, So Saffron brads

Challenge L was to use the Salted Background technique, which I have never done before. I gave myself some extra time so I could have a practise run before doing the real thing and I loved how this one turned out. Messy but good fun! I used Mojo# 60 for the layout as well. I left this one til the end and am so glad I did as it took so much longer than I thought it would do.


Recipe:

Stamps: Kitty in Jack O'Lantern from Great Impressions, Happy Halloween set from Hero Arts

Papers: Pumpkin Pie, Orchid Opulence, Copics white, Glossy white from stash

Inks: Pumpkin Pie, Orchid Opulence, Elegant Eggplant, Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics

Accessories: Elegant Eggplant grosgrain ribbon, Oval Nestabilities, Orange glitter brads from Imaginisce

Challenge M was to follow the given list:
- use at least one texture (crumpling, ripping, crimping, embossing, textured paper, etc)
- use only one embellishment
- don't forget the color yellow!
- use a stamp that you don't often use
- have fun!

I used distressing for my texture, which is not normally my style but I liked it with this image. I wasn't 100% sure if we could only use 1 embellishment full stop or one type of embellishment, so I went with the latter! I used Mojo #42 for the layout and CC41 to use Bravo Brgundy and So Saffron, so that covered my yellow base. And for the stamp I don't use often I used my never before used ever Out of the Box set!


Recipe:

Stamps: Out of the Box

Papers: Bravo Burgundy, Very Vanilla, Sweet Pea DSP

Inks: Bravo Burgundy, So Saffron

Accessories: Zoomz (like Dew Drops)

Challenge O was to pick your favorite summertime song and use it to make your card. We also needed to pick a colour and sketch challenge from SCS but they both had to be the same number! I chose Bryan Adams' Summer of '69 - I just love this song and it brings back happy memories of rock clubbing and was inspired mostly by the first 2 lines - I bought my first real 6 string, bought it at the five and dime! I used SC135 and CC135 to use River Rock, Basic Gray and Basic Black.


Recipe:

Stamps: You're My Hero from Taylored Expressions

Papers: River Rock, Basic Gray, Basic Black

Inks: River Rock, Basic Gray, Basic Black

Accessories: None

Challenge P was to make a card using flowers and butterflies - a nice easy one! I used Mojo #10 and CC52E to use Regal Rose, Apricot Appeal, Pumpkin Pie and Always Artichoke.

Recipe:

Stamps: Great Friend, Pocket Silhouettes

Papers: Apricot Appeal cs & DSP from hostess pack (retired), Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White, Tea & Crumpets DSP

Inks: Regal Rose, Apricot Appeal, Pumpkin Pie

Accessories: Circle Nestabilities

And that's all my cards for this VSN! I had great fun and can't wait for the next one. I might try out for a hostess position next time too - just got to make sure I read the forums more regularly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Things Magical and Mythical #120 Featuring Rainbow Fairy from Sweet November Stamps

Good morning and welcome to this week's All Things Magical and Mythical post. For today's card I have used the latest freebie digi ...