Symapthy

This week's color challenge on SCS was to use Whisper White, Soft Sky and Basic Grey. Out of those 3 colors I only have Soft Sky, but I can substitute the WW with my own white and the BG with my Bazzill Grey card instead. I love Bazzill card - the colors and textures are lovely but it is too thin to make card bases with - that's such a shame! Anyway here's my card:


These colors are so soft and pretty together. I think I'm going to make this into a sympathy card.


I started with making my own card base from white card with the fold at the top. I stamped the Baroque Border wheel at the top and bottom using Soft Sky ink. The scalloped borders were made using pieces of Soft Sky card and the slit punch.The grey panel was added to the middle and Soft Sky ribbon added to cover up the joins. The flowers panels were embossed using the Cuttlebug Elegant Corners folders. I felt they were a little plain so colored in the flowers on each using Soft Sky ink and an aquapainter. I did orignally try to do the negative embossing technique where you ink up the folder then emboss and the embossed area should stay the same color as the card, but it didn't work with this folder for some reason. These squares were mounted onto Soft Sky and then onto the grey panel and voila... A simple but elegant card.


Recipe


Stamps - Baroque Border Wheel from Stampin Up


Paper - Soft Sky from Stampin Up, Bazzill Grey and white from LSS


Ink - Soft Sky from Stampin Up


Accessories - Elegant Corners Embossing Folders by Cuttlebug, Soft Sky ribbon from Stampin Up

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Things Magical and Mythical #124 Featuring Sirena 2 from Mmedell Illustrations

Good morning and welcome to this week's All Things Magical and Mythical post. This week, I have used an old digi stamp from MMedell Ill...