Virtual Stamp Night Weekend

Every couple of months or so Splitcoast Stampers hold a Virtual Stamp Night (VSN), which is a large number of card making/crafting challenges over a Friday evening and all day Saturday. You have until 10pm PST on Sunday night to complete and upload 19 challenges, so a lot of card making! You only get 45 minutes to complete each challenge as well, so it's busy, busy, busy!

I managed to do 17 challenges this time (normally it's only 12 or so) - I only missed out 2 of them! One was to use your iron to melt wax crayons to make a background - I have no idea where my iron is as I don't iron (I send my ironing off to get done!) and the last challenge was to make something heart shaped - an easy challenge but I was too crafted out by then and was shattered.

All the details are in my gallery over at SCS here - there's just too many to list here!

Here are the photos....

Challenge A - Sketch Challenge

Challenge B - Colour Combo Challenge

Challenge C - Use a stamp you don't like
Challenge D - Use new stash on your card

Challenge E - Monochromatic Card

Challenge F - Use the split negative technique

Challenge G - Use a quote from the film "The Princess Bride" for inspiration

Challenge H - Show your obsessions

Challenge J - Acetate Card

Challenge K - Use a long lost stamp



Challenge L - Use inchies

Challenge M - Celebrity Crush

Challenge N - Use as much stuff as you can that begins with L

Challenge O - Make a card using the Joy Fold Technique

Challenge P - Follow the card recipe

Challenge Q - Make a love card with NO pink, red, white or hearts!

Challenge R - Use feathers of some kind
This VSN really made me challenge myself. I tried a new card technique (challenge O), used colour combos I would not normally pick myself (challenges B, L and P), used new or never used before stamps (challenges A, B, C, D, E, H, J, L, N, P and R - wow lots I've never used before!) and SU colours I've never used before (Challenges B, P and R). I'm really happy with all my creations, although I do need to go back and add extra bits to a couple of them - like glitter glue, which I just didn't have the time to do. Hope you've enjoyed looking too - be sure to check out all the galleries over on SCS.
So as you can see a lot of card making but lots of fun to be had too! Make sure you join in the fun next time VSN is on!

3 comments:

  1. WOW Vanessa! What an amazing selection of cards - congrats on getting so many done on the VSN!! Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all really gorgeous cards Vannessa!!

    Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a very busy time. Great cards, will have to give this a go next time.

    ReplyDelete

Ink 'n' Splatter Inspiration Post #2

Good afternoon and welcome to my second DT inspiration post for Ink 'n' Splatter this month. This month we are showcasing some of th...