SUO Cards

I've been on a real Stampin' Up kick recently. I love how the cardstock matches the ink and the ribbon and the brads and the designer papers. I love how the designer papers match some of the stamp sets and die cuts and chipboard and rub ons too. The quality of Stampin' Up products really is worth the investment. OK they're not the cheapest, but in my opinion they are the best. I've tried a huge range of different cardstock companies from various stores and only occasionally does another company compare! Most other cardstock is too thin and doesn't really match anything else!


Anyway...here's some SUO (Stampin' Up Only) cards I've been making recently.


A spring coloured Z-fold card using one of my favourite colour combinations. The matching punch for the three flowers stamp saves so much time cutting out.


Recipe


Stamps: One of a Kind


Cardstock: Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink, Barely Banana, Whisper White


Ink: Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink, Barely Banana


Accessories: Certainly Celery grosgrain ribbon, Pretty in Pink taffeta ribbon, Boho flowers punch



For this one I went for a colour I don't use too often - Blush Blossom. It makes a really soft base that makes the rest of the colours really pop! Stampin' Up has a ton of wheel stamps that create fantastic background patterns when designer papers just won't do. You can use these in all the ink colours by running the wheel over an ink pad several times. To get an even background all across the card I used the Stampin' Around Guide which is a clear ruler that lines up the wheel with the previously printed pattern perfectly.


Recipe


Stamps: Garden Whimsy and Whimsy jumbo wheel


Cardstock: Blush Blossom, Pixie Pink and Certainly Celery


Ink: Blush Blossom, Pixie Pink and Certainly Celery


Accessories: Certainly Celery grosgrain ribbon, Dazzling Diamonds



This is probably my favourite card out of this small collection. Again I used a background wheel which matched the stamp set and it just made the whole card come together so perfectly. And yes before you ask the main image and sentiment are meant to be offset to one side - it just shows the background stamp a little bit more.


Recipe


Stamps: A Beautiful Thing and It's Beautiful jumbo wheel, Happy Everything


Cardstock: Elegant Eggplant, Pale Plum and Very Vanilla


Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Pale Plum


Accessories: Elegant Eggplant grosgrain ribbon



The next two cards use the same stamp set, but with different colour combinations to show the versatility of this stamp set. Obviously this applies to all of Stampin' Up sets, but I do tend to use my favourite colours with certain sets. This Designer Paper set has been designed to coordinate with this stamp set and lots of the images are the actual stamps themselves - how cool is that?! The flowers are one of the stamps that I cut out - they should have a ring of dots round each one but I liked the actual flower by itself.


Recipe


Stamps: True Friend


Cardstock: Spiced Cider Designer Papers, Close To Cocoa, Really Rust and Sahara Sand (these colours are in the DP pack too - the SU catalogue tells you which colours match as well)


Ink: Close To Cocoa, Really Rust


Accessories: Old Olive grosgrain ribbon (this is another colour in the Spiced Cider pack, but I ddn't use it for this colour combo)





This is the second card using the same stamp set and I attempted another unused colour combo here. This time instead of using the wheel stamp as a background I used one of the stamps from the set repeatedly on the background using the same ink colour as the cardstock. The matching wheel was used to create the border pattern on the middle panel.


Recipe


Stamps: True Friend and Boho Friend wheel


Cardstock: Gable Green, Orchid Opulence, Cameo Coral and Whisper White


Ink: Gable Green, Orchid Opulence and Cameo Coral


Accessories: Circle Ice brad



I wanted to make a man's card as I always go for girly cards in girly colours and thought I'd push myself to try something new. The ribbon is also the new Striped Grosgrain ribbon that SU are bringing out soon (I was lucky enough to have an American friend get me some last year when it was released in the US). I added some paper piercing to the blue panel and it really made it stand out - just shows how something small can make a difference to a simple card.


Recipe


Stamps: Cheers To You


Cardstock: Bashful Blue, Chocolate Chip and Chocolate Chip Designer Papers


Ink: Chocolate Chip


Accessories: Bashful Blue brads, Bashful Blue Striped Grosgrain ribbon, Silver Hodgepodge Hardware, Paper Piercing template from the Mat pack

2 comments:

  1. Wow !!! You have been so busy, I love all these cards. Well done x

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely cards , love the ribbon folded round !

    ReplyDelete

All Things Magical and Mythical #120 Featuring Rainbow Fairy from Sweet November Stamps

Good morning and welcome to this week's All Things Magical and Mythical post. For today's card I have used the latest freebie digi ...