Birthday Gift for Stamp With Us Challenge #2

It was my friend Chris' birthday last week (Happy Birthday Chris!!). I was a little stumped as to what to get her as she already has everything she wants (lucky girl!). Luckily for me she has a little interest in card making so I decided to make a little paper/cardstock set for her to use. I used the Filed With Flair Timeless Template from Papertrey Ink to make the file folder, then decorated it with the new Washington Apple Designer Papers from SU.




Front View




Side View




I then added some packages of different papers and cardstock. Each package had 4 pieces of different DP (I used Washington Apple, Tea Party and Rainbow Sherbet) with 4 card blanks in coordinating colours and 8 pieces of the same coloured cardstock for mounting images etc. Each package was then wrapped in coordinating grosgrain ribbon.





To go with the set I made a joy fold card using the same colours and DP as the file folder and Chris loved the fact that they matched!



I thought I would also enter this in the Stamp With Us challenge #2 seeing as the theme for this challenge was Birthday.

Recipe for File Folder and Joy Fold Card:

Stamps: Sincere Salutations

Papers: Riding Hood Red (US In Colors 09 not available over here unfortunately), Pumpkin Pie, Bashful Blue, Whisper White, Washington Apple Designer Papers

Inks: Riding Hood Red

Accessories: Pumpkin Pie grosgrain ribbon, Flower Punchies, Bashful Blue brads, Filed with Flair template

9 comments:

  1. Great card Vannessa. Love that Washington Apple paper! Zoƫ T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card and magazine holder, just love this new paper

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is fab!

    Thanks for joining us at SWU!

    Zoe x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab folder, well done on getting to the 'fave five' with SwU!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely holder and card, well done on being in the top 5 faves!
    Hugs Sarah-Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats at making the Fave Five Vanessa. Wow - what a project and what a lucky friend. My birthday's just a few months away, lol. Well done. Sara xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow - now this is just all so amazing - absolutely fab Vanessa (your friend Chris is so lucky!) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww Vannessa that is really cute. I've been eyeing up the template for ages and I think you've finally persuaded. Not surprised your friend loved her b'day pressie - it's lovely.

    Jo :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is one beautiful set, great job!

    ReplyDelete

All Things Magical and Mythical #120 Featuring Rainbow Fairy from Sweet November Stamps

Good morning and welcome to this week's All Things Magical and Mythical post. For today's card I have used the latest freebie digi ...