Mini VSN - All May's Showers

It's that time again! It's the fab Mini Virtual Stamp Night over on Splitcoast Stampers and I've been invited back as a hostess for the main event in May. This weekend is, however, the mini event and there are 6 challenges covering a whole range of techniques and themes. The theme for the whole VSN is All May's Showers, so think baby showers, bridal showers, rain showers, bathroom showers and lots of flowers. So why not pop over there and have a go at some of the challenges? You have until Monday 10PM EST/ Tuesday 3AM GMT(UK time) to complete and upload some or them all. How many you do is totally up to you!

The first challenge AA is called Mae's Joy and the requirements are to make a joy fold card using the colour red, some bling and to make it "diva-worthy". I used the beautiful A Rose Is A Rose set as we all know red roses are definately something all divas must get loads of each week!!! I also used the gorgeous matching Bella Rose DSP, which I finally found on eBay. What do you think?


This is the joy fold when it's closed. You can use a sentiment or something on the bottom left corner to keep it closed, but I used ribbon instead for something a bit different.

This is the card open - I lightly stamped the smaller flower in Pink Pirouette on the inside where you would write your greeting.


Recipe:

Stamps: A Rose Is A Rose

Paper: Riding Hood Red, Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White, Bella Rose DSP

Inks: Riding Hood Red, Kiwi Kiss, Pink Pirouette

Accessories: Kiwi Kiss ribbon, Stardust Stickles

For the second challenge A, Babies, Babies, we had to make a baby card using monochromatic colours. I decided to use this card that I made last week for the Charisma Cardz challenge which was also using monochromatic colours.


Recipe:

Stamps: Something Sweet

Papers: Bashful Blue cs and DSP, Whisper White

Inks: Bashful Blue

Accessories: Light Blue Gingham ribbon, Crystal Effects

The third challenge, B, is called Rain, Rain Go Away! and we had to make a wet looking card using Crystal Effects/3D gloss, dew drops, acetate etc etc. I used Crystal Effects and Zoomz (like Dew Drops) on mine and used my Tilda In The Rain stamp with a really cute greeting "When Life Gives You A Rainy Day..." and inside it says " Remember to Play in the Puddles!" Fantastic!!! I also used the sketch from Sketch 'n' Color #8 and CC40 to use one colour from 3 different lists. I chose to use Bashful Blue from list A, Kraft from list B and Chocolate Chip from list C.


Recipe:

Stamps: Tilda In The Rain from Magnolia, Play in The Puddles from High Hopes

Paper: Kraft, Chocolate Chip, Non SU white cs, Bella Bleu DSP, Bashful Blue DSP

Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic Ciaos

Accessories: Blue Zoomz (like Dew Drops), Crystal Effects

My card for the next challenge C, May Flowers is another duplicate. We had to use popped up flowers - an easy one. I try to join up as many challenges as I can because my crafting time tends to be limited to the weekend. I just don't have the energy after work to get all my stuff out and find the inspiration to make something. I decided to use this card from last weekend as well. The centres of each flower are all popped up on foam pads.


Recipe:

Stamps: Beautiful Bloom II and Big Bold Wishes both from PTI

Paper: Chocolate Chip, Barely Banana, Whisper White

Inks: Chocolate Chip, Barely Banana, Kiwi Kiss

Accessories: Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon, MS Cornice border punch (on the inside)

Challenge D, Invitation Inspiration , is to make a baby shower card, gift tag or invite. I did this one today and here's my attempt. I also used the sketch for Mojo #135 and the old color challenge from SCS CC25 to use Ballet Blue and So Saffron. I found this very old DSP in one of my Papermania 12x12 paper storage holders and thought it went perfectly with this sentiment.


Recipe:

Stamps: Bundled in Love

Paper: Ballet Blue, So Saffron, Non SU White, DSP from Paper Pizazz

Inks: So Saffron, Ballet Blue, Summer Sun marker

Accessories: So Saffron grosgrain ribbon, Scallop Edge Punch

The next challenge, E, June Brides, was to make a bridal shower card using the folded frame technique. I haven't used this technique for years - it was one of the first ones I really did before my love of stamping took over. I decided to use my new unopened pack of Night & Day DSP for this one with a touch of Regal Rose and I love it! Not your usual wedding card, but still elegant in its own way. I used the layout from Mercy's sketch challenge #70 as well.


Recipe:

Stamps: Mr & Mrs (Together Forever in the US catalog)

Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White, Regal Rose, Night & Day DSP

Inks: Basic Black, Regal Rose Marker

Accessories: Whisper White Satin Ribbon

Well that's all my cards for this mini VSN - hope you enjoyed looking at them all. If you do join in any of challenges, leave me a link to your cards/projects, so I can come and have a peek.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card, Vanessa. Thanks for playing at Sketch'n'Color. Nadia und Andrea

    ReplyDelete

Ink 'n' Splatter Inspiration Post #2

Good afternoon and welcome to my second DT inspiration post for Ink 'n' Splatter this month. This month we are showcasing some of th...