In Love With Stamping Challenges

I always forget to do these challenges especially with the multitude of other ones I do, but I got onto these today as the new ones for May came out on Friday and I still hadn't finished doing the April ones!!!

The first one is for April's Sketch Challenge and uses the gorgeous Sweet Pea DSP. I love this stuff and am definately going to buy another pack before it runs out! And I did tie that bow myself, I didn't use my bow maker and the ribbon goes all the way round the panel so I could do it (several times before I got it right!). Pretty neat bow huh?!


Recipe:

Stamps: Sweet Birthday from SU

Paper: Rose Red, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Sweet Pea DSP

Inks: SU Markers in Summer Sun, Pretty in Pink, Rose Red and Chocolate Chip

Accessories: Circle Nestabilities, Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon, Pretty in Pink Buttons, Photo Corners Punch

The next one I had left over from April was the Limited Supplies challenge. You had to use 2 buttons, 2 brads and 1 image stamp only. This was a toughy as I kept wanting to put a sentiment on it and then I trawled through the old Mojo Monday challenges and found one I could use! I used Mojo #6 and SCS CC52I to use Creamy Caramel, Perfect Plum, Always Artichoke and Pretty in Pink for it as well.


Recipe:

Stamps: Mimosa Birdhouse from Bildmalarna

Paper: Creamy Caramel, Always Artichoke, Copics White cs, Perfect Plum DSP, Tea & Crumpets DSP

Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic Ciaos

Accessories: 5 Petal Flower Punch, pink buttons from stash, Always Artichoke brads, Large Bird Punch (for the leaves)

Now on to May's challenges! The first challenge is a Colour combo to use Night of Navy, Going Grey, Very Vanilla. I completely CASEd Michelle Last's card here for this challenge as I was completely stuck on what to use and then remembered this gorgeous card she had made on her blog.


Recipe:

Stamps: Circle Circus, Frames With Flourish, Sincere Salutations

Papers: Night of Navy, Going Grey (I'm almost out of this now - argh!), Very Vanilla

Inks: Night of Navy

Accessories: Night of Navy grosgrain ribbon, Ticket Corner Punch, Grey buttons from Papermania

The second challenge was the technique challenge to use brayering. I hardly ever do this as I suck at it! I have tried umpteen times to do a Michelle Zindorf type sky but just don't get the same results. It could be partly due to the fact that my brayer is not really a brayer but a proper ink roller I borrowed from work. It's very heavy and hard to roll - that's my excuse anyway and I'm sticking to it! I have got a brayer on its way to me from SU which should arrive on Wednesday so I'll have a play with that next weekend and see if I get better results. I also used Mojo #39 for my layout and SCS' CC178 to use only 2007-8 in colors - I chose Wild Wasabi, Blue Bayou and Soft Sky with a little Chocolate Chip ink.


Recipe:

Stamps: Lovely As A Tree, Live Your Dream

Papers: Wild Wasabi, Blue Bayou cs & DSP, Soft Sky DSP, Whisper White

Inks: Wild Wasabi, Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, Chocolate Chip

Accessories: Wild Wasabi ribbon

Challenge #3 was a Limited Supplies challenge. We could only use 1 stamp set of your choice, 3 colours cardstock of your choice, 1 piece of patterned paper and something shiney! I used CC141 for my colour choices. I presumed we could add black ink as the challenge never said how many inks we could use! I CASEd this card by Debbie Olsen from the PTI gallery as it has been in my faves for ages!


Recipe:

Stamps: In Bloom from Papertrey Ink

Papers: Pretty in Pink, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White, Bride DSP

Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic Ciaos

Accessories: Pretty in Pink Taffeta ribbon, New Leaf Button (PTI), White mini pearls

And the final challenge for May was a sketch challenge. I did deviate from the sketch a bit by adding the sentiment but it needed it! I also used CC185 to use Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss and Very Vanilla for my colours.


Recipe:

Stamps: You're My Hero from Taylored Expressions

Papers: Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, Very Vanilla

Inks: Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, Very Vanilla

Accessories: None

So I'm now officially caught up with all these challenges and am off to upload them to the gallery!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Things Magical and Mythical #120 Featuring Rainbow Fairy from Sweet November Stamps

Good morning and welcome to this week's All Things Magical and Mythical post. For today's card I have used the latest freebie digi ...