I love being on holiday!!

The first few days of my summer holidays are always the best as I can finally do what I want to do without having to get up with the dreaded alarm and can spend my days crafting!!!

So this morning I made a few cards, catching up on some challenges that I've not yet done. This first card is for two Splitcoast Stampers challenges - Free For All #12 to use the spotlighting technique and for Color Challenge #277 to use Crushed Curry, Bermuda Bay and Dusty Durango. Not a colour combo I would choose myself, but I do like it.


Recipe:

Stamps: Fresh Cuts, Tiny Tags

Papers: Crushed Curry, Dusty Durango, Whisper White, Welcome Neighbor DSP

Inks: Crushed Curry, Bermuda Bay, Dusty Durango

Accessories: Crushed Curry Polka Dot Ribbon, Circle Nestabilities, Medium Tags Punch, Embroidery Thread

My next 2 cards are both for Papertrey Peeps challenges. The first one is for Papertrey Peeps #11 to do something out of your comfort zone. I am never very comfortable doing single layer cards as you can almost guarantee that I'll mess something up somewhere - I'll stamp the snetiment wonky or I'll drop the stamp on the card or get finger smudges of ink on it or something, but look at this one - not a thing wrong with it! Woot!!! And I love this colour combo too! This is based on a card I have seen somewhere but now can't find it so if it's yours let me know so I can credit you for it!


Recipe:

Stamps: Big & Bold Wishes, Dot Spot both from PTI

Papers: Sweet Blush from PTI

Inks: Hibiscus Burst, Hawaiian Shores both from PTI

Accessories: Hibiscus Burst buttons, Hawaiian Shores buttons and polka dot ribbon all from PTI

And my final card for today is for Papertrey Peeps #12 which was to use the photo on their blog as inspiration and also for SCS' sketch challenge #289 and Free For All #22 to make a summer card using blue, green and purple. Summertime to me always involves flowers so these challenges all worked so well together.

My dots on the Hawaiian Shores panel are not really dots but the centre of the flowers from Petal Power but as I stamped them in Hawaiian Shores too you can't really see them in the photo - they do look better in real life, honest!


Recipe:

Stamps: Background Basics: Petal Power, Spiral Bouquet both from PTI, En Francais from SU

Papers: Hawaiian Shores, Spring Moss, Stampers Select White, 2008 Bitty Dot Basics DSP all from PTI

Inks: Kiwi Kiss from SU, Hawaiian Shores and Plum Pudding from PTI, purple copic, white gel pen

Accessories: Eyelet Die from PTI

And that's all folks until tomorrow when I'm sure I'll be back witha few more challenge cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Things Magical and Mythical #124 Featuring Sirena 2 from Mmedell Illustrations

Good morning and welcome to this week's All Things Magical and Mythical post. This week, I have used an old digi stamp from MMedell Ill...