A Couple Of 3D Items

I've made a couple of more practical things this week. I have umpteen empty boxes that the PTI stamp sets come in and decided that I really should do something with them instead of just hoarding them, so I came up with this! It's not my idea - I think it was Dawn McVey who did one originally on Nichole Heady's blog for a stamp release sneek peek once - not that I can find again mind you! I thought I'd fill it with some random cards and give it to my mum so she has a collection to use.

This is the front view. I used 4 boxes and cut the flaps off one end. Then I covered the insides with So Saffron cardstock to cover the bits of tape that PTI stick the labels on with and then stuck them all together before covering the outside front, back and sides with DSP. I made a little tray to put them in using Old Olive with a So Saffron trim. I wrapped some retired Old Olive ribbon from the Theater pack and some So Saffron grosgrain that was in a special bundle last year round the whole thing. I added some simple tags for each section and voila all done!


I don't have an "Other" stamp for the last tab so I used a "Mother" stamp and masked off the M before inking it up! Fab idea huh?!

And this is the side view!


Recipe:

Stamps: Totally Tabs from SU, Mega Mixed Messages from PTI

Papers: So Saffron, Old Olive, Tall Tales DSP

Inks: Old Olive

Accessories: Eyelet Border Punch, Theater ribbons, So Saffron grosgrain ribbon, Tabs punch

And the other 3D item I made this week is this ribbon box. The actual box itself comes from Kaisercraft. It's made up of pieces of MDF that I covered with Adirondack Raspberry acrylic paint and then added some of Stampin Up's rub ons! I used some of the Sending Love speciality DSP to the top with some pink ribbon from my stash and added the 2 largest flower rub ons to some Pretty in Pink cardstock before layering them on top of each other with a pink glitter brad. It's perfect for my new lace collection as well and holds 22 different ribbons!


This is the inside view - I even added a little rub on on the inside of the lid and you can see how full it is!


And that really is all for today folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Things Magical and Mythical #119 Featuring Mermaid Birthday Party Treasure from Faery Ink

Good morning everyone and welcome to this week's All Things Magical and Mythical post. I haven't used a Faery Ink image for ages so...