July's Papertrey Ink Day

This month I offered to host the Papertrey Ink Day that a few of us from the In Love With Stamping forum get together to do. Unfortunately so many of us were crazily busy that only Linzi and I could play together in person, so I went to Linzi's up near Loughborough on Sunday and even though it was just the two of us we had lots of fun and girlie chats too.

This is the goody bag I made everyone...


And inside was a bag of felt, ribbon and buttons with a stamp set and matching die (this was Linzi's picnic box and she got the Frog Hop set). I also added some strawberry Haribos (well I did have fruit theme going here) and some Green & Black's Chocolates.


And I made a paper folder containing 6 sheets of the beautiful Green Tea Leaves Patterned Papers and a PTI Pink Bag but I forgot to photo that one.


These are all the projects and card candy that we swapped.

My friend Amy joined in for the first time and only did the card candy, but she has said she will definitely join in for more next time! I so love these cute VW bugs!


Dawn used the really pretty Love Lives Here set for her bookmark and card candy. This is one of those sets that on screen I'm not particularly bothered about, but when I see it used in the flesh, I really like it.


Karin used the fab Wonderful Words stamp set and die (which came in my order today! YAY!) to make a cute 6 x 6 scrapbook page and she also used the Fruit Fusion: Berry and Grapes for her card candy.


Linzi's card was a gorgeous colour combo using some dies that were not from PTI to make the rolled roses in the middle. I just love these ones.


Melanie has totally convinced me that I need the Rocket set and die now after making her card and the gorgeous colour combo carried through to her card candy as well.


She also made everyone a gorgeous key ring from wood and stamped on it using the pretty Gracious Vases set. This is the front of it...


And on the back she had stamped everyone's names - how fabulous is that?!


Pat used a stunning colour combo of bright yellow and pink for her pillow box and card candy.


Sharon used a fab collection of border dies on her card and the cute Little Bitty Bird set for her candy - I must get mine out again some time!


Tina used the Button Collection for her card and candy and this is one set I didn't think I would like, but I think it is really cute.


And finally this my card - quite a CAS card for me, simply because I just ran out of time making everything else, doing my card candy and having an SU training event the weekend before and a SU workshop on Wednesday last week. Complete mad week I tell you!


And my card candy! I did actually get out a needle and thread and sewed all these pieces with a little bit of stuffing in the middle. They took forever to do but there are just so darn cute! I'm definitely going to be making more of these!


I really enjoyed making all of these projects and have added a bit more stuff to my already incredibly long wishlist! I did make one other thing at Linzi's though. This fabulous lattice box! This was made using a Silhouette template on the Craft Robo and whilst it looks fiddly all I had to do was pop the cut pieces out (OK they did take a while to pop them all out!) and then fold and glue it together. I think I need a Craft Robo now as well! Anyone thinking of selling theirs?!


Looking forward to the next one which will hopefully be sometime before Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely to see them all Vannessa. And that lattice box is stuning!!! now I want a robo too LOL

    ReplyDelete

All Things Magical and Mythical #124 Featuring Sirena 2 from Mmedell Illustrations

Good morning and welcome to this week's All Things Magical and Mythical post. This week, I have used an old digi stamp from MMedell Ill...