Friday Night's VSN Challenges A - E & Z

It's Virtual Stamp Night again over on SCS with a multitude of challenges all on the theme of the Wild West Rodeo! As a hostess for a challenge (I did a challenge for the mini VSN, a warm up for the big one. You can see all my samples for the mini here), I get to see all the challenges ahead of time, so all of my samples were done and ready in time, so you may have seen some of these cards already as I used them with other challenges that I do. All the details can be found in my SCS here.

Challenge A was to use stitching, either faux or real, so I attempted some real stitching and used a card from a couple of weeks ago. You can read about this card here.


Challenge B was to use the telescoping technique and I used it to make this card from a couple of weeks ago as well. You can read about it here.


Challenge C was to use the faux leather technique. I have never done this one before so this was a real challenge for me. Does this one look a bit like snakeskin leather to you? It's supposed to! I used the sketch from Taylored Expressions Sketch #144 and old colour combo CC116 to use Garden Green, Chocolate Chip and Cool Caribbean, which I subbed with Soft Sky instead. Great combo for a man's card.


Challenge D was to follow use the Texas flag as in an inspiration. I used it as a sketch to come up with this card, which also uses CC87 for the colour combo to use More Mustard, Chocolate Chip and Cool Caribbean which I subbed with Soft Sky as I don't have Cool Caribbean!


Challenge E was to make a gatefold card. I tried to make mine look like saloon doors on the front - what do you think?! This picture shows the outside and inside!


And the final Friday challenge Z was to use twine in one way or another. I used Mojo Monday Challenge #205 for the sketch and CC337 to use Real Red, Night of Navy and Daffodil Delight. Not my favourite combo I've ever done!


And that's all for this post folks! Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to come back and check the other VSN challenges I've done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Things Magical and Mythical #124 Featuring Sirena 2 from Mmedell Illustrations

Good morning and welcome to this week's All Things Magical and Mythical post. This week, I have used an old digi stamp from MMedell Ill...