A few mixed cards

This week's challenges that I like to do are full of sketch challenges, which are my fave ones to do, but it does mean I end up making more! Any excuse for more crafting time huh?!

My first card is for Just Add Ink's Challenge #86 for the sketch, Color Throwdown's Challenge #160 to use Regal Rose, Very Vanilla and Early Espresso (one of my fave colour combos ever!) and Make It Monday's Challenge #33 to use frosted images. My flowers didn't frost as well as Lisa Johnson's, but I do like the softer colour of the ink that I got when I over-stamped the flowers in white. (And on a happy note, I was the winner of Make It Monday Challenge #32 for my Hallowe'en card with the bats in acrylic paint that I did here last week).


Recipe:
Stamps: Botanical Silhouettes from Papertrey Ink
Papers: Regal Rose, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Sweet Always DSP (retired) all from Stampin' Up
Inks: Lucky Limeade, Early Espresso, Regal Rose, Whisper White all from Stampin' Up
Accessories: Circle Nestabilities, Beautiful Wings Embosslit, Very Vanilla buttons (retired), Scallop Edge Border Punch all from Stampin' Up, Pink Button from Elzybells, Pearl from Papermania

My next card is for Friday Mash Up's Challenge #25 to use the sketch and/or a masculine theme. I went for both this week and I love how this one came out. I also used the colours from The Shabby Tea Room's Challenge #80 to make a monochromatic card using white or cream, brown, kraft or black. I used Vanilla, Kraft and Soft Suede, a mid brown.


Recipe:
Stamps: Grunge Me, Rock On both from Papertrey Ink
Papers: Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Elegant Soiree DSP (retired) all from Stampin' Up
Inks: Soft Suede, Crumb Cake ink and marker all from Stampin' Up
Accessories: Twill from Stampin' Up, Oval Nestabilities, Rock On Die from Papertrey Ink

And my last card for this post is for Play Date Café's Challenge #100 to use green, orange and yellow, Free For All's Challenge #83 to make a gratitude card and send it. I'm going to give this one to my TA on Monday when I go back to work for bringing in some much needed chocolate on Friday! I used the sketch for Viva La Verve's Challenge #4 for September.

This is the colour swatch from Play Dafe Cafe


And here's my card for it


Recipe:
Stamps: Thankful Accents from Verve Stamps, Fillable Frames #9 from Papertrey Ink
Papers: Daffodil Delight, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White, Summer Picnic DSP (retired) all from Stampin' Up
Inks: Pumpkin Pie, Wild Wasabi, Daffodil Delight all from Stampin' Up
Accessories: Wild Wasabi Ribbon (retired) from Stampin' Up, Victorian Fleur Embossing Folder from Papermania, Orange Baker's Twine from The Ribbon Reel, Fillable Frames #9 Die from Papertrey Ink

And that's all from this post folks! Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

  1. They are all great cards! I love the hues you used on the masculine birthday card, it came out looking fantastic. You did a wonderful job mashing up the challenge!

    Thanks so much for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vanessa, I love your take on my sketch, what a fabulous teen birthday card. Monochromatic cards are a favourite of mine and this colour scheme rocks...pun intended!

    Nice to see you at the Friday Mashup this week. Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cards!!! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful cards!!!!Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful card this week at The Shabby Tea Room :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards. I always like pink and brown together. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great teen birthday card, or for any male, love color scheme and how you did the background. Thanks for playing at the Friday Mashup this week
    Cindy GD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards for all those challenges.. I really like how you used our Challenge this week at the Friday Mashup! That's a buy card anyone would love! The guitars are perfect! Thanks for playing along with us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job with our colors, Vannessa! The orange and yellow stripes from the layout look like sunrays. So cheerful! Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date CAfe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards Vannessa! And great job with this weeks sketch, thanks for joining us over at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a FAB striped card, love how you put them on the diagonal...very cheerful, makes me SMILE!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. All great creations, love the guy card you created with the guitars. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun take on stripes - love that the strips are all angled. Thanks for playing along at The Play Date Cafe this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great group of cards - love the monochromatic guitar card. Thanks for join the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete

Ink 'n' Splatter Inspiration Post Featuring Felicia Fab Girl

Good afternoon and welcome to this week's inspiration post for Ink 'n' Splatter. This week I am sharing the adorable Felicia F...